Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old Performance/Automotion catalogs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krk
Folks,

Just digging through some old stuff -- for some reason, I have a pile of old catalogs from Automotion and Performance Products. Are these things useful for anything? (I'm about to toss 'em to buy back some shelf space....)

kim.
tryan
save them and sell them on ebay in 20 years.

or you could have the kids do a science fair project on the inflationary prices of porsche parts over the decades.

the early automotion catalogs ( pre performance p) where quite nice with actual PARTS instead of neckties and crap. the 959 cover was the best.

performance used to have pretty decent engine spec sheets and parts diagrams.
Joe Bob
Pity they are out of business....for many years I used that catalog to price and sell used parts. I am sure many others did as well. Probably an expensive catalog to print.

I used the Automotion price and cut in half for used parts.
krk
Yeh, I was sad to see them go too. They had a outlet just down the street from where I worked at the time. I bought quite a few things for my first 914 through them. You could see the parts before you walked out of the store, and they often had common things in stock. I could pick up stuff on my way home, and then hack on the car.

They also seemed to be more active on the 914 -- more about parts (usually rust repair parts -- lol) than trinkets and tshirts.

kim.
EdwardBlume
My oldest Performance Products catalog is from 1988. Way back then you could buy a dash cover for $87.50! Oops, that's about what they cost today. How about steel rocker panels for $139 ea? Shit... I give up.

wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.