Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 LE Side Stripes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Daiberl
Hello,

I ordered a set of side stripes from AA for my 914 LE, they don't extend into the wheel wells. From pictures I have seen (Jeff Bowlsby's site and other pictures on the web) it looks to me that they have to extend into the wheel wells. Any idea what's correct??

- Juergen
CrashDown
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Oct 3 2011, 08:22 PM) *

Hello,

I ordered a set of side stripes from AA for my 914 LE, they don't extend into the wheel wells. From pictures I have seen (Jeff Bowlsby's site and other pictures on the web) it looks to me that they have to extend into the wheel wells. Any idea what's correct??

- Juergen

They run for the rear rdge of the front wheel well to the front edge of the rear wheel well...

So yes, they are supposed to touch the front and rear wheel well openings...

-Matt
JRust
They go into the wheel well & wrap around the lip!
CrashDown
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 3 2011, 08:36 PM) *

& wrap around the lip!

goddamn it......
PanelBilly
Look at my recent post.
Daiberl
Thanks for the info, as it looks then the stripes you can buy from AA are too short and therefore not correct.
CrashDown
http://myworld.ebay.com/autosport_decals

Contact that guy. he's from new zealand. But his stuff is really nice. You can get the porsche stripes in any color you want. And the pricing is very reasonable.

I used them on my car, and they came out great!..

-Matt
SirAndy
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 3 2011, 08:36 PM) *
They go into the wheel well & wrap around the lip!

agree.gif

budk
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Oct 3 2011, 11:22 PM) *

Hello,

- Juergen

You can buy them directly from Jeff - why piss around with anyone else if it's LE related? confused24.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Oct 3 2011, 09:28 PM) *

Thanks for the info, as it looks then the stripes you can buy from AA are too short and therefore not correct.

Jeff Bowlsby has them at a good price & they are correct. I've got 2 sets from him
ripper911
I bought a set of positive stripes from AA, turns out they were 911 stripes, tried to return them, George said they were right and I put them on my car. mad.gif
MikeM
Auto Atlanta strikes again...
Daiberl
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 4 2011, 06:22 AM) *

QUOTE(Daiberl @ Oct 3 2011, 09:28 PM) *

Jeff Bowlsby has them at a good price & they are correct. I've got 2 sets from him

I contacted Jeff but as it looks he is not doing them anymore so I went with AA sad.gif I will order them now from NZ (I think it's Bygone Decals), already in contact with him and will report back when I receive them.

- Juergen
JeffBowlsby
Hi Juergen,

When I heard AA was offering them George told me personally they were correct and I had hoped not to be redundant. If the AA stripes didnt work out I hope they will take them back and refund.

I can get more, but I will need to order them. Will wait to find out your experience with the NZ stripes. Seems odd 914 LE owners should have to go to NZ to get them...I think I would insist on a color sample first before you order them, there is only one color that is correct and it has to match the painted trim items. The car will look odd with the wrong colors.

Daiberl
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 4 2011, 10:55 AM) *

Hi Juergen,

When I heard AA was offering them George told me personally they were correct and I had hoped not to be redundant. If the AA stripes didnt work out I hope they will take them back and refund.

I can get more, but I will need to order them. Will wait to find out your experience with the NZ stripes. Seems odd 914 LE owners should have to go to NZ to get them...I think I would insist on a color sample first before you order them, there is only one color that is correct and it has to match the painted trim items. The car will look odd with the wrong colors.

Hi Jeff,

here is the link to the company in NZ, as mentioned I will order them and report back once I receive them. They even have pictures of LEs up on this site.
http://www.bygonedecals.com/products/porsc...es/914-02-solid

- Juergen
poorsche914
The picture of the Creamsicle on that NZ site shows the stripes that do not wrap the wheel wells. Might want to double check that.
The BumbleBee shows the stripe wrapped around the wheel wells.

driving.gif
Daiberl
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 4 2011, 12:49 PM) *

The picture of the Creamsicle on that NZ site shows the stripes that do not wrap the wheel wells. Might want to double check that.
The BumbleBee shows the stripe wrapped around the wheel wells.

driving.gif

I asked them and the answer was:
"I have just checked the length of the 914 LE style stripe and is 72.1" long. If you put a piece of masking tape 3.75" up from lower edge of door at either end and measure into the wheel wells, the 72" should be sufficient for the wrap around. If there is a difference, let me know and will adjust the file accordingly."
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Oct 4 2011, 11:37 AM) *

Hi Jeff,

here is the link to the company in NZ, as mentioned I will order them and report back once I receive them. They even have pictures of LEs up on this site.

- Juergen

I am holding my breath. The photos on that site are just a bunch of photos of 914s with stripes...not necessarily his stripes. The one Creamsicle is VIN 14508 from TX, currently for sale at Auto RUF, it was restored about 10 yrs ago - not his stripes. The Bumblebee is my personal car, those are original factory stripes. Then the big photos are Georges CS (AA stripes?) and Georges Matsuda Bumblebee - again, not his stripes. The available colors are 'speed yellow' and 'Red'? Phoenix Red is actually orange. I have no idea what 'speed yellow' actually is and would be concerned about a correct match. Other cars shown are Chris Campbells former car and others cars that we have all seen over the years, note the differences in the stripes - centering between the wheel wells, length etc. He obtained those photos from various internet sources thats all.

If he is a stand-up guy I hope these are returnable if they are not satisfactory.
Daiberl
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 4 2011, 01:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Daiberl @ Oct 4 2011, 11:37 AM) *

Hi Jeff,

- Juergen

I am holding my breath. The photos on that site are just a bunch of photos of 914s with stripes...not necessarily his stripes. The one Creamsicle is VIN 14508 from TX, currently for sale at Auto RUF, it was restored about 10 yrs ago - not his stripes. The Bumblebee is my personal car, those are original factory stripes. Then the big photos are Georges CS (AA stripes?) and Georges Matsuda Bumblebee - again, not his stripes. The available colors are 'speed yellow' and 'Red'? Phoenix Red is actually orange. I have no idea what 'speed yellow' actually is and would be concerned about a correct match. Other cars shown are Chris Campbells former car and others cars that we have all seen over the years, note the differences in the stripes - centering between the wheel wells, length etc. He obtained those photos from various internet sources thats all.

If he is a stand-up guy I hope these are returnable if they are not satisfactory.

Jeff,

let me know if you get another set of stripes over the winter and I will skip my order from NZ. I would need two sets.

- Juergen
JRust
Dang I didn't know Jeff wasn't doing them anymore sad.gif . Guess I can't find anymore LE's to restore happy11.gif

To bad you don't have a Creamsicle. I have a spare set from when I ordered mine twice months apart blink.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 4 2011, 04:22 PM) *
To bad you don't have a Creamsicle. I have a spare set from when I ordered mine twice months apart blink.gif

I have a Creamsicle. PM sent.
Daiberl
Next question, can someone confirm that the Sunflower Yellow on the chart from 3M is the correct color: http://www.aerographics.com/images/colors.pdf.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Oct 4 2011, 08:04 PM) *

Next question, can someone confirm that the Sunflower Yellow on the chart from 3M is the correct color: http://www.aerographics.com/images/colors.pdf.

Not without holding it up to an actual paint chip.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.