Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshields
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
avidfanjpl
I have struggled to find a PPG or Sekurit, or even a Sigla in stock in the West.

I have the 2 shims and 19 mounting posts, and the 3M seal, and eventually Mark's new window metal trim, but no glass!

Anyone know anyone with any of the above brands?

I know there is a guy in Anaheim that makes a product called Roadshields, but it may not match the tint in the rest of the windows on my car.

Advice, consolation, best wishes?

Thanks!

John
MDG
I ordered a tinted Sigla (they call it heat treated) from the dealership. Had to come from Germany; took about two weeks to get here. It was around $600 including shipping
nathansnathan
I'd read that ppg, at least their glass division got aqcuired by pgw and they are made now in china. Iirc the model number has "ppg" in it but it will be a pgw windshield.
Cap'n Krusty
Windshields with the tinted band across the top are called "shaded", FWIW.

The Cap'n
r_towle
Might try Richard.

Richard Tankel

--------------------
ProSource Glass International
PO Box 996
Andover, MA 01810
Tel:877-345-2800
978-975-5400
Fax:978-975-5300
email:richardt@prosourceglassintl.com

avidfanjpl
Thanks, Guys!

All really good information!

I will contact Richard and ask, but I was hoping for someone in SoCal. East Coast seems a bit crazy to ship to CA.

I may check with the local Porsche dealers, which both give 10% off to PCA people.

$600 seems a bit steep uninstalled from Porsche, but I will NOT buy the Chinese stuff.

Shaded it is, Cap'n!

John
avidfanjpl
Found a Sigla with the Tint Band (Heat Treated in German) for $509 delivered from the Fatherland.

14 days.

Not bad!

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.