Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Go for a drive..... it will change your whole day.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
It is amazing what some time in a little car can do for your attitude.

We are expanding the shop/tearing down walls where the cars are stored for the next 60 days – big mess – so we are moving all of the cars out and into storage. I decided to bring the speedster replica home. It is so easy to drive (“just a bug”) that I thought my wife would enjoy driving it around town (and I figured if she had some fun, I might be able to get a tad more car time out of her….)

Well, the girls school was closed today and my wife decided to take the day off. (Usually when the girls are out of school or home sick, we do this dance where she goes in early and I stay home, she comes home by 11:30 and then I head to work – it is a total pain) I headed out the door as usual to grab the truck and head to work to take my daily beating (60 day old SAP conversion – work SUCKS right now). Walked by the little silver car in the garage, stopped and said screw it. Went back inside, swapped keys and grabbed a coat. Instead of fighting the usual traffic, I drove a couple miles west next to the foothills and smiled for the next 45 minutes all the way to work (I headed all the way down McCaslin from 128 for all you Colorado guys). Perfect fall morning, light traffic and a car that makes *most* of all of the right sounds/smells.

Still smiling 3 hours into the day – I cant believe it – total attitude adjustment. I have got to get the 914 finished.

It’s fall. Everyone go for a drive. You wont regret it. beerchug.gif
r_towle
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Scott S
Here is the view from the highway (stock photo, but the sky was pretty much exactly the same) and the car. Really nice morning!
mojorisen914
I know a drive in my teener always brightens my day.

Scott, are you guys going to be down at the shop tomorrow night? What time? I might stop by if I can get away from the home chores. LMK.
Scott S
Yep - sweeping up dust and mopping the floors. Should be there from 6:15 to probably 9:30 or so.
Ferg
you tease, I was expecting a drive in the "other" car shades.gif

tell your brother I like the tub better than that other "junk" w00t.gif
Scott S
Hi Ferg!
You know what is interesting? When random folks are at the shop they always seem to gravitate to the 914 and the speedster... not the frilly stuff.

As far as that "other" car goes, I am not ready for dealing with the afternoon rush hour in a right hand drive car with no mirrors - while wearing goggles.... biggrin.gif

Hope to see you soon - tell the fam hi from us! beerchug.gif
r_towle
356 speedster is just a fun pleasure to drive.
Its as close to a motorcycle as it gets..yet you can still listen to the radio.

I am a tall guy so eye protection is still required, though not goggles.

RIch
damesandhotrods
It might be a little late in the season, but you should try a drive after dark….

There’s nothing like an open car at night.
AZ914
Great post! I'll be driving my car on Saturday. Going to hit the monthly Coffee & Cars, then head over to the parents house across town. Finally getting to be top-down weather here!
Ian Stott
The leaves are turning colours as we speak, heading for Owl's Head Maine on Friday and the scenery will be breathtaking; on both sides of the border! Will take pics and will ask James Smith to post them for me, so we can share with you! I enjoy the cool mornings in the fall, fresh coffee and a twisty road, can't wait.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Gint
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Oct 5 2011, 09:34 AM) *
I have got to get the 914 finished.
Hiya Scotty! I've been thinking exactly that. Time to get a motor back in mine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.