Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suggestions for Karmann Ghia forums ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
budk
Besides working on my 74 LE, I keep hearing voices suggesting that a Karmann Ghia be added to my workload. happy11.gif

I know less about Ghia's than I do about 914's..... any suggestions for really good Ghia related forums?

Thanks. Bud
McMark
TheSamba.com

biggrin.gif
r_towle
stop listening to the voices in your head.

Rich
familienauto
TheSamba

Though you may find mechanical issues better covered in the Beetle and Performance sections than the Ghia section.

I have a 71. It is great. I have found it much easier to work on than a 914.
Ian Stott
My friend Steven just left my house, we were tracking down an electrical issue, he was commenting how much easier it is to work on a Ghia, his is one of the nicest I've ever seen. Wish I could successfully post pics, his is worth seeing, maybe Hershey next April.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Dr Evil
Aw geez.
76-914
Your going backwards. A '68 was my 1st resto. I looked at T4 conversion because I wanted more power but then I discovered 914's. I still have it un der wraps. Driven it < 300 miles in 2 yr's. Damned nice looking but gutless.
If you must, get someone to inspect it for you. They have similar rust issues. I'm not current with them any longer but when I did mine in 2001 I went to a place called shoptalkforums.com Have fun beerchug.gif
moparrob
I miss my '62 Ghia at times. It had a 2180 with dual weber 48 IDA's - and really honked. It did not loose many races evilgrin.gif
a914622
Dont even search "low light ghia". add fuchs and a boosted subaru...

stupid voices blink.gif

check out the samba. I have a 59 low light going to rat rod right after finishing the 914
budk
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 5 2011, 08:07 PM) *

Aw geez.

I haven't heard from the seller... so those voices are starting to die off... for now anyway.

So, when are you available Doc?
Dr Evil
I am available today! I am post call, but I actually got 5 hrs of sleep last night so I will be wrenching all day smile.gif
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(budk @ Oct 5 2011, 02:40 PM) *

Besides working on my 74 LE, I keep hearing voices suggesting that a Karmann Ghia be added to my workload. happy11.gif

I know less about Ghia's than I do about 914's..... any suggestions for really good Ghia related forums?

Thanks. Bud

When I was about to give up looking for a decent 914 in my price range I had a moment of weakness and started looking at Ghias instead.
Back in the day I owned a 69 Ghia and they are great fun cars, but '69 is really the best year!

No offense to anyone who owns or has loved earlier or later cars, but the 69 gives you the better looks of the early car (small bumpers and tail lights) with a true IRS instead of the at times dangerous swingarm rear suspension, along with 4 lug wheels and 4 wheel disc brakes.

These are important considerations if you are looking at performance mods or are going to drive it fast around corners!

Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.