Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: backdating 75/76 exhaust to 2.0 or 1.7/1.8 style
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/p...arts/202-15.php

i have a few people asking me if any of the 75/76 heater parts can be used with back dated exhaust? can someone list the parts needed by name?

if 75/76 use differents parts than 2.0 and 1.7/1.8 - do at least 2.0 and 1.7/1.8 use the same heater parts???

thanks
jim

attached pic is of the heat parts i have laying around - some may be spoken for.
BKLA
Only the flapper valves can be reused. (I just went through this on my '70 where I put a 75 1.8. (numbers 8 & 9 - if I am reading your questions correctly...)
r_towle
2.0 liter stainless (pre-75) uses stainless heater pipes for the j-tube and the other one that connects to the fan.

1.7/1.8 uses different diameter tubes.
Flapper boxes are the same.

Muffler, muffler bracket and gaskets are different for all three systems.
2.0 liter 75/76
1.8/1.7 liter pre-75
2.0 liter pre 75

The 75/76 stuff is unique and only fits that system.
All of it from what I recall, including the heater tubes...

Rich
jimkelly
rtowle - thanks

so the 2.0 sshe use a different elbow and jtube than the 1.7/1.8 sshe?

i have some parts that are silver in pic above but they are not stainless - though i do have some stainless elbows for sale in classifieds - guess i should bump up the price of my 2.0 sshe sets and include the stainless elbows if they are needed to complete a 2.0 (only) stainless system?

jim
r_towle
measure the end that hooks to the SS heat exchangers.
Its a different diameter.

Rich
bigkensteele
Are the j tubes a different diameter as well? I can't see how the could be as they must go up through the holes in the tin.
jimkelly
i managed to slid a steel and a stainless elbow onto a 1.7/1.8 sshe - my impression is that at-least the elbow is interchangeable across sshe's and regular he's ??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.