Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to buy Windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ILM914
Hi folks, Can anyone recoment a good replacement windshield? Should I get a tinted one? and what else do I need to complete the install? Anyone know in the Co RoadShields makes a good one? Thank you much, Joe
MDG
There was another thread earlier today asking the same thing - scroll down 15 or 20 threads; there were a few suggestions. As I said in that I just ordered one from the dealership; its an original Sigla I ordered a tinted (which Porsche refers to as Heat Treated). Around $600 and a couple of weeks to come from Germany.

Some of the aftermarket I have heard may have fitment issues though both my cars have the 'factory' ones so I have no first hand experience with the others. I believe Pelican has an install kit
mepstein
Factory glass from Germany cost $475 in Delaware. Might be less with a PCA discount.
pcar916
PPG fit really well and it was $250 - $300 if you don't mind aftermarket. The Chinese glass turned out really fragile.
r_towle
Might try Richard.

Richard Tankel

--------------------
ProSource Glass International
PO Box 996
Andover, MA 01810
Tel:877-345-2800
978-975-5400
Fax:978-975-5300
email:richardt@prosourceglassintl.com

MDG
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 5 2011, 08:00 PM) *

Factory glass from Germany cost $475 in Delaware. Might be less with a PCA discount.

check if its the tinted - the clear is much less and in stock in North America. The 10 or so remaining Sigla windshields that are tinted are in Germany only according to the dealership inventory - they checked the Atlanta PCNA warehouse as well. I believe T.C. checked a couple of months ago at the dealer he works at and found the same thing.
Dr Evil
I bought from Tankel. Good price and great service.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(MDG @ Oct 5 2011, 07:05 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 5 2011, 08:00 PM) *

check if its the tinted - the clear is much less and in stock in North America. The 10 or so remaining Sigla windshields that are tinted are in Germany only according to the dealership inventory. I believe T.C. checked a couple of months ago at the dealer he works at and found the same thing.

I got a clear Sigla from the dealer here in Kansas a few months ago- last one in the US at the time came from Atlanta. Not sure what type was left in Germany but there were a few (10 - 12) back then.

Rick Ollah bought a few Chinese recently - not sure if he got his installed yet - but got great service.
a914622
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Oct 5 2011, 05:04 PM) *

PPG fit really well and it was $250 - $300 if you don't mind aftermarket. The Chinese glass turned out really fragile.

On the Mrk1 vw that is just the oppisit. The chinese are 1mm thicker and dont chip as easy as stock and they fit the seal better and dont leak.

anyone got a chinese for a 914 in and want to share
geniusanthony
Double post
geniusanthony
There is a Pikerton distributor in Ohio whom I spoke to recently. Apparently approx $500 shipped and they normally stock about 10 at a time. Rather than wait, I bought an XYG from a wholsaler in MD couple months back,they had at least 6 of them in stock for $120 ish. Have had no problems yet with the chinese, though after this next repaint I will order a proper not chinese piece.
patrick3000
QUOTE(geniusanthony @ Oct 6 2011, 12:43 PM) *

There is a Pikerton distributor in Ohio whom I spoke to recently. Apparently approx $500 shipped and they normally stock about 10 at a time. Rather than wait, I bought an XYG from a wholsaler in MD couple months back,they had at least 6 of them in stock for $120 ish. Have had no problems yet with the chinese, though after this next repaint I will order a proper not chinese piece.

Contact info on the wholesaler in MD?

Thanks
Brett W
I replaced my original with a PPG and was happy with the fit and finish. I will probably re-use it in the new project if I can't polish the glass. The PO didn't protect the glass when he was grinding and it pitted the glass.
ILM914
Thank you

QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 5 2011, 04:04 PM) *

Might try Richard.

Richard Tankel

--------------------
ProSource Glass International
PO Box 996
Andover, MA 01810
Tel:877-345-2800
978-975-5400
Fax:978-975-5300
email:richardt@prosourceglassintl.com

ILM914
Thank you everyone, much appreciated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.