Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Passenger Side foam footrest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Phoenix-MN
I'm finishing up my interior and need to know what's the best way to fasten it to the floor? Glue, Tape, velcro?

Thanks
Paul
swl
I believe they were originally glued in place. Be careful though that you get the right type of glue. Most glues will attack styrofoam. There are construction glues that are safe for foam but need one surface to be porous and might not set up when trying to stick to paint.
bigkensteele
I would go with velcro before glue. It would afford you the ability to periodically inspect for rust, or remove it easily for whatever reason.
ConeDodger
I removed mine from my '75 when I put in the Morph Subwoofer box. I don't recall it being anything but just wedged in place... I still have it sitting on a shelf if anyone needs one. biggrin.gif
AZ914
When redoing my carpets, I just 'placed' mine back, put the carpet over it. I don't think its going anywhere.
ptravnic
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Oct 6 2011, 08:43 AM) *

When redoing my carpets, I just 'placed' mine back, put the carpet over it. I don't think its going anywhere.

agree.gif
I did the same.
Phoenix-MN
What I ended up doing was to buy a can of the expanding foam insulation and I sprayed four silver dollar size dots on it and pressed it in place. This will hold it and the bond can be easily broken to remove it.

Thanks for the replies

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.