Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: POLL-ish: running SSHE with steel or stainless elbows ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
pic
type47
go all the way with SS driving.gif
jimkelly
trying to determine - for certain - that ss is fully interchangeable with steel.

examples of all the combinations would be great : )

personally i think ss and steel elbows are fully interchangeable on all 2.0 and 1.7/1.8 steel or stainless he's - except 75/76 style.
SLITS
As I recollect, there were some fitment issues with stock steel elbows vs SS heat exchangers. It's been a long time since I did one. It would be nice to be all SS.
rick 918-S
I'll let you know. I hope to install the steel heater parts I have on a SS set of 1.7 HE's this weekend if I can steal the time away from work.
jimkelly
i am sure they vary from set to set - but i was able to get a steel and a stainless on a 1.7/1.8 sshe set - see pic.
Tom_T
If you can go SS on elbows, do it for the same reasons you spend the money for SSHE's - RUST! .... or lack thereof!! blink.gif
tradisrad
I've got steel elbows on my 2.0 stainless exchangers.
mojorisen914
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Oct 6 2011, 04:57 PM) *

I've got steel elbows on my 2.0 stainless exchangers.

agree.gif Me too.
JmuRiz
Same here with my 2.0 set...random note though, one j-tube is stainless and the other isn't. Nothing a little paint can't fix though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.