Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a Tan Interior Swatch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Title says it all. Working on a project with a vendor and we're looking for a swatch (1"x1" or 2"x2") of good representation of a tan interior.

Anybody? confused24.gif

Thanks! smilie_pokal.gif
majkos
basket weave or back pad cover?
Ive "brownish" maybe tan seat and back pad, they're torn soo..
from early 70, fixed pass. seat.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 6 2011, 08:27 AM) *

Title says it all. Working on a project with a vendor and we're looking for a swatch (1"x1" or 2"x2") of good representation of a tan interior.

Anybody? confused24.gif

Thanks! smilie_pokal.gif

I have a set of ragged seats. I'll cut a piece from under the seat or an area where the sun didn't bake and fade the color.

As long as your searching for tan stuff I will send you something interesting. May or may not have been stock for tan. I have a tan insert that is like large basket weave in a material like corderoy. Being fabric it would be very confortable for for long road trips.
Eric_Shea
I'll cut a piece from under the seat or an area where the sun didn't bake and fade the color.

Perfect. Color is more important than texture...
maxwelj
Are you working on carpet as well?
McMark
I bet it's a clothing line to match tan interiors.

IPB Image
Tom_T
Eric,

Let me know by PM or email if you need another swatch from a backpad I got from Jonathan to patch in repairs on my tan interior (it matches to my 73 MY #31 Beige interior in color & thickness & IIRC 73-74 were same fabrics), so a true fabric match would be helpful if I need to do more reupholstering on it.

BTW, the factory called it "Beige" in the 71-74 timeframe for sure (see #31 & 32 in charts below), although we hear tan, caramel, cinnamon, etc. thrown around all time.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Additionally, there were color differences between MYs - as well as fabric thickness, smooth & perforated& basketweave & brickweave inserts, & stitched vs. heat seamed differences. The later 75-76 color seems a bit darker to me, compared to earlier 70-74 samples at Jeff's website:

http://www.bowlsby.net/914/Classic/PaintFabrics.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.