Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NARP Alert on Pelican's BBS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
ar15.gif Whoo.. Boy... This guy is spoiling for a flaming........

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....856#post1424856

This guy is a real 911 little winkie elitist!

Clay

P.S. I wish Pelican had the emoticons that we have here. I could use them with this guy.

ar15.gif
Jeroen
You can always use the image tags and refer to the url of the smileys here biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Cap'n Krusty
Paint may be nice, but they seem to be hoping the cheesy steering wheel will distract you from the really tired/trashed interior. Talk about hype! Salesmen to the core ........... The Cap'n
ClayPerrine
That wasn't the point. The last guy to post was really dissing the Type-IV and the 914. He is a little winky elitist prick. Take a look at the last 3 posts.

Clay
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Jul 23 2004, 08:21 AM)
You can always use the image tags and refer to the url of the smileys here biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen

Considering the emoticons that I would LIKE to use for him, DDD would have to ban me from the Pelican list.
Britain Smith
We should determine if he autocrosses in this area. I am at most of the events and it has been a long time since a 911 took TTOD. Shit, my 1.7L kicks the pants off most of the 911's out there...even with the really fast course this last weekend.

Here are some new emotions that I had...

-Britain
Britain Smith
Another...
Cap'n Krusty
I got the point, and you're right. "Elitist winkie" seems an appropriate term ........... I was simply musing on the obvious defects in the car as advertised .............. The Cap'n
J P Stein
Ya'll don't have to go clear over there to find someone who don't think the t-4 is the cat's ass. biggrin.gif
MarkG
Here's a book that seems to be 80% flame against the 914: (might be good reading for the 911 weenie folks)

When my 914 arrived to PO included some books; one titled "Porsche 914 Gold Portfolio" by Brooklands Books. Its an old English book that consists mainly of compilations of articles by various magazines and publications each year that the 914 was produced, i.e. R&T and others doing their test drives and impressions.

Not too many people seemed to have much good to say about our cars when they were new! The gist: over priced (in those days, for another $2200 you could have bought a Ferrari Dino!), under powered, anyone's guess as which gear you might find when shifting; ugly, noisy, somewhat poor handeling, lousy seats etc.

More than one 'expert' said it would have been better off being marketed as a replacement for the Karmen Ghia rather than a Porsche! A couple of 'experts' dismissed it as a toy, best suited for kids/teens, not unlike a train set that 'adults' can also have fun with; one said it was a far better customized VW than any of the currently available Kit Cars.....

example:
page 122: "It would be entirely wrong to think of this car as a Porsche...except for the handeling..."

People did like it's visability and storage space, and quite a few liked it's handeling and brakes;

Its an interesting period book with pros and cons from people who were driving them as they came off the showroom floor!
adam912
Man...what would those noodleheads do with my '66 912 with 2.2 liter 912 power? Who cares!!!! I'd still be rocketing away from 'em AND having more fun along the way!

Mongrels/Outlaws/Renegades ROCK!

Adam912 OUT
Chris H.
Oh man I love those NARP threads. They are so funny. It used to be so much worse! (older guys like me speak up!)

Some people like cars, some people like saying they own cars...

I LOVED the way the guy said "Let me try to explain.." as if Eric was too slow to understand the complex history of the Porsche marque.
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(MarkG @ Jul 23 2004, 11:53 AM)
...Not too many people seemed to have much good to say about our cars when they were new! The gist: over priced (in those days, for another $2200 you could have bought a Ferrari Dino!), under powered, anyone's guess as which gear you might find when shifting; ugly, noisy, somewhat poor handeling, lousy seats etc....
Its an interesting period book with pros and cons from people who were driving them as they came off the showroom floor!

The one I have is "Porsche 914 1969-1975" by Brooklands Books, ISBN 0906589843. It has a compilation of magazine articles and they are all, over-all, positive about the 914.
Curvie Roadlover
I need a little help here. TTOD?
aircooledboy
top time of day??
JWest
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ Jul 23 2004, 08:34 PM)
I need a little help here. TTOD?

Top Time of Day.
Curvie Roadlover
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_flagge24.gif
campbellcj
Yep; I always think it's particularly funny when mass-market 911SC/Carrera guys with "barely newer" cars than our cars, take on the ol' elitist stance. I figure a few hours on a nice technical track alongside a decent 914-6 could help a great deal in the respect department. Or better yet, a seat-staining ridealong in a badass 914-6 ohmy.gif
RAR
Let it be said that there are many of us SC owners who like 914s ( fours or sixes) as well as 911s.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.