Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Brake OH
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rj777
i'm in the process of overhauling rear brakes on my 75 1.8. in the manuals they show a piece called "piston retaining plate" neither of my rear calipers have such a part...is it necessary??...is it advisable???..is it a good part???...will it fit???...Of course one of my calipers didn't have the spreader spring....these parts can't just fall off so what do you thing???
Joe Ricard
I will look to see if I have one. After I remember to look tonight.
What it does is keep the piston at the correct angle in relation to the pad. When the pad contacts the rotor pressure is applied at the edge that has the higher edge of the piston. Hmm anybody else explain that better?
rj777
well it sounds like i should track these babies down for this job...ive seen them in some rebuild kits...thanks again for helping out the helpless
Jimz73
rj777,

The rear brakes don't have the piston retaining plate. These are on the front brakes only. If you have them, then someone along the line put front calipers on the rear of your car. You should locate some spreader springs though.

Jim
rj777
that makes me feel better...only 1 missing part and i think i tracked it down already..thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.