Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muffler / wide or narrow valance?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenpolives
I'm looking to buy a new Bursch exhaust, They advertise 2 different models for the 1.7 application, 1970-72, then 73-74. I want to be sure to get the right one, is the difference due to the different rear valances? Anyone have a measure ment so I know which one I need. Thanks
SirAndy
my car with the 1.7/1.8 bursch:

IPB Image

and as you can see, i opted for the "ventilated" valance for the manta muffler:

IPB Image
kenpolives
So the first pic is the wide valance?
Brad Roberts
Actually neither pic helps you. Some of the early 1.7's had the porthole valance. This is why they list two different versions of the Bursch. Order the 73 1.7 version and it will fit your stock valance (unless you happen to have the porthole valance)

B
Brad Roberts
Something else you should think about... switching the car over to 2.0 exchangers and 2.0 Bursch. The 1.8 and 2.0 heat exchangers have bigger tubes than the 1.7 and help the little engine rev easier/breath easier. It is something you will feel in the seat of your pants the first time you drive it. Also.. if you plan on a 2.0 later you can just bolt the exhaust right up to the new engine.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.