Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911sc calipers and rotors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgiroux67
I might be getting 911sc calipers and rotors, what else would be needed to convert to 5 lug?
machina
911 struts with 3.5" spacing,

hub and bearings

dr
SirAndy
QUOTE(synthesisdv @ Jul 23 2004, 02:27 PM)
911 struts with 3.5" spacing,
hub and bearings

agree.gif

and for the rear either redrilled 914/4 hubs or 914/6 hubs or 911 hubs with 911 axles and adaptor/spacer for the flanges ...

smash.gif Andy
machina
I forgot about the rear.

Anybody ever run 5 lug fronts and 4 lugs rear...just for kicks?

dr
jgiroux67
Do I need certain model of hubs or will any 911 hubs work? Do you think 150 is a good deal for SC calipers and rotors?
machina
QUOTE(jgiroux67 @ Jul 23 2004, 05:33 PM)
Do I need certain model of hubs or will any 911 hubs work? Do you think 150 is a good deal for SC calipers and rotors?

depend on the condition. If they are worn rotors and dead calipers that are corroded then no.

if the calipers are decent then maybe do a rebuild kit and check the runout on the rotors.

brand new rotors are really not that expensive.

dr
bondo
I paid $200 for a whole front suspension setup from a carrera.. but that was the deal of the century, I don't expect to see a deal like that again.

What about brake lines? I'm not sure if you would use the 911 flex hose or the 914, or something different entirely. (haven't installed mine, so I need this info too)
jgiroux67
The guy said he just rebuilt the calipers and the rotors have 2k on them. Also hard lines come with it.
Eric_Shea
Do I need certain model of hubs or will any 911 hubs work?

You'll need struts with the 3.5" spacing as described and they don't come cheap. 911 hubs from 69-89 should work.

Do you think 150 is a good deal for SC calipers and rotors?

If the rotors are brand new (as in never used, still in the box) maybe... otherwise, no. I put virtually $0.00 value to any used rotors and $150.00 is a bit pricey for a pair of A-Calipers. You could get a complete early (through body sway bar) 911 front end for $150.00 if you look hard enough. That's with calipers and all. Now they probably won't be A or S-Calipers for that price but the standard M-Calipers work well with the rear calipers and proportioning valve. And... if you're not moving up to a high performance six or V8 then you'll be fine.
brant
QUOTE(synthesisdv @ Jul 23 2004, 02:32 PM)
I forgot about the rear.

Anybody ever run 5 lug fronts and 4 lugs rear...just for kicks?

dr

I know a race car doing just this at the moment..
not for any significant reason other than he was able to easily bolt the front half on... and didn't want to molest new rear bearings until the end of the season or when he had more time...

brant
Eric_Shea
he was able to easily bolt the front half on... and didn't want to molest new rear bearings until the end of the season or when he had more time...

Tell Phil I have a set of cores ready to go! biggrin.gif
brant
crap... its not even phil...
hey have you heard anything from him.. he completely stopped writting me so I hope the car didn't crap out on him or anything...

Naw.. its greg johnson of the denver eurosport shop.. he runs a -4 in rmvr down here. I think this is his busy season (summer) and he didn't wan't to take the race car apart during his busy season...

brant
Eric_Shea
I haven't heard from him either... I saw his car for sale somewhere.

(sorry for the hijack)
brant
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 23 2004, 02:51 PM)
I haven't heard from him either... I saw his car for sale somewhere.

(sorry for the hijack)

sorry for another hi-jack....

which car for sale?
I'm going to try to find this add.. where do you look? pelican?

dang I hope its not the car I just sold him 6 weeks ago!!!!

brant
bondo
Nobody knows about the flex hoses? I'm guessing it would be the one from the 911 side of things... Anyone know for sure?
jgiroux67
So should I get them or not?
Eric_Shea
Brandt... PM'd ya.

Bondo. Get the 911 hoses.

Back on topic... I'd pass on those calipers and rotors.
brant
QUOTE(bondo @ Jul 23 2004, 03:10 PM)
Nobody knows about the flex hoses? I'm guessing it would be the one from the 911 side of things... Anyone know for sure?

Flex hoses:

I had a set made up by GPR for 2 different cars actually... I think they are 914 on one end and 911 on the other end....

I know this was for my S caliper'd car and my A caliper'd car and that these two take the same fittings.....

don't know if the M caliper may take the same fitting as a teener ?

brant
soloracer
Just for a point of reference I bought a set of 1990 C2 front and rear calipers with new pads for $150 US. I also just purchased a set of brand new rear rotors for $60 US.
Mueller
Just for a point of reference I bought a set of 1990 C2 front and rear calipers with new pads for $150 US.

good price, too bad they won;t bolt on and I think the rear pads are the same size or smaller than the stock /4 calipers.....I have done a side by side comparison, but I know the rear pads on my C2 are tiny smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.