Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Skateboarding for the blind
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Duffster
The chief annoyance that I have with my little red car is that I seem to be able to out-drive the headlights without getting out of second gear. Has any body tried replacing the headlight relays and upgrading to 100w bulbs? Does this help? A lot? I'm trying the driving lights in the fog light holes, but they're not quite there yet. Help!?
ArtechnikA
FIRST clean up the grounds, make sure your headlight fuses are up to snuff and in shiny clean holders, and try a pair of Sylvania SilverStar bulbs.

conventional sealed beams DO fade over time, and before going to a big travail of relays and such (BTDT) you may find this perfectly acceptable for normal street driving.
Duffster
Thanks! biggrin.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Buy Euro bulbs. H4? The kind with the sharp beam cut-off that throw light up to the right for the street signs. Uhg! I can't remember the "official" name...somebody help. Anyway, I got 'em on my VW and 914 and love 'em!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.