Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear trailing arm inner mount hole... what diameter?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fteixeira
Anyone can tell me the diameter of the original inner mount trailing arm hole? I'm redoing my rear suspension and found some slight ovaling. Looks like I'll have to go the weld/re-drill route.

Any other tips for doing this repair properly? Below is a link to a pic from another thread that Jeffs9146 posted.

Thanks!

F Teixeira

Oval rear mount
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(fteixeira @ Oct 7 2011, 11:42 AM) *

Anyone can tell me the diameter of the original inner mount trailing arm hole? I'm redoing my rear suspension and found some slight ovaling. Looks like I'll have to go the weld/re-drill route.

Any other tips for doing this repair properly? Below is a link to a pic from another thread that Jeffs9146 posted.

Thanks!

F Teixeira

Oval rear mount

Just mic the trailing arm bolt and go a tad larger! That's what I did!
fteixeira
Thanks Jeff. I just wanted to know what the factory did. I'm measuring 13.82mm on one and 13.90mm on the other with my calipers. Looks like 9/16"drill will give me 0.020" slop total... maybe slightly more with some wobble during drilling. Hopefully, that will work.

Thanks!

F Teixeira
Jeffs9146
The key is keeping the hole in the same location so the suspension geometry remains the same! I drew an X on the ear to mark the exact center spot. After welding I connected the X and I drilled a small pilot hole in the spot where the lines crossed. Then I used a universal bit to the size I wanted it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.