Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC: Looking for an anodizing place, any recommendations?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I am looking to have my motorcycle wheels anodized semi gloss black and am looking for recommendations for places. Price approximation would be nice as well. Any help is appreciated smile.gif
underthetire
The sheen is all in the aluminum prep., to an extent. Probably want to get them close to perfect before you ship them.
Dr Evil
I dont want sheen, I want tough, black and flat smile.gif Sheen needs the use of warlock piss and tiger blood wink.gif
underthetire
You did say semi gloss, if you want flat and tough as hell, you want hard anodize. Bead blast before shipping then. It's all in the metal prep on most finishes.
Dr Evil
Bead blast I can do smile.gif
a914622
The guys over in Mukilteo have the best BlACK in the buz. I used to make aircraft bezels and they were the only real black. There tanks are bigger than most so a wheel should fit . A Beed blasting will give you the best finish.

Production Plating end of Russel road

post pics
a914622
crap i just relized your on the other coast. Sorry.

Beed blasting will give you the mat finish. I could not have any sheen on the bezels and beed blasting was the only way to get a good flat no shine finish.

Watchout for shops that do black but after a month it will be purple.

jcl
Dr Evil
I will ship, that is not a problem. I found one site that quotes $90 a st of rims. $175 for rims, hubs, clean and lace with truing smile.gif Hard to beat.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.