Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Sort of - Anyone know how to contact Jay Leno?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Okay West Coasters...

I've written a nice letter to the folks at Panorama and Excellence about Dave "Korijo" and everyone's noble efforts in the "motorized wheelchair and van fund". I expect we'll be hearing from those fine folks soon.

Next idea... get a hold of Jay Leno somehow.

He's a car nut, and I'm sure he's got some connections in the car club industry. MDB2.gif

At any rate, I'd like to send a letter to Jay and tell him about our efforts, and see if he can get involved in someway (i.e., hook us up with some more Porsche enthusiasts, help us with a fundraiser by making an appearance, donating a Lambo for Korijo, who knows)! It doesn't hurt to ask, right?

I can send the letter the regular old way to 3000 West Alameda, Burbank, CA, but somehow I'd like to get it in Jay's hands, or at least in his assistant's hands, not some $6.00/hr clerk at NBC.

Anyone know a fax #, e-mail, other address???????

If you got an idea, send me a PM or e-mail me at kellzey@iepg.com.

Thanks,

Karl Ellzey
SirAndy
great idea! i start looking around, maybe i can find a reference somewhere ...
GWN7
You could try:

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_Show_wi..._Leno/feedback/

There is a email link on the page.
airsix
Yeah, but Leno hates German cars. Porsche, VW, MB, BMW... hates em. Years ago a friend spoke with him. Asked why he didn't own any Porsches. Leno replied "I'd never own a car produced by the Axis Powers." Friend replied "Oh, so I guess you don't own any Italian cars then." Leno terminated the conversation.

-Ben M.
Aaron Cox
he dooes an editorial on autos for (PM) Popular Mechanics magazine. i think it has a way to contact 'im. Im too lazy to go dig out my latest copy...hmmm... beer3.gif
drew365
He drives through Coldwater Cyn. every morning about 8:15. You can see him coming by just looking for a car you wouldn't normally see driving down the street. In L.A. that's hard to do but he manages. He drives them all Bugatti to Cadillac. Must be tough to remember what shift pattern you've got today. tongue.gif
Aaron Cox
Look for the big face and NOSE laugh.gif jk
sorry jay beerchug.gif
Lawrence
Why not try Jerry Seinfeld? He's a P-nut.

-Rusty
Qarl
Good idea...

Okay... Anyone know how to contact Jerry Seinfeld?

Thanks,
L8Apex
ask Chris down in LA. biggrin.gif
Dave Cawdrey
Ben Stiller has alot to do with ALS fundraising. Never know confused24.gif
rick 918-S
Dang, Great idea's. Now were hummin driving.gif
jonwatts
How to find Jay Leno? Whenever you hear a joke that's not worth repeating, look around and you'll probably see him jotting it down.

But seriously, folks, Leno is what the rest of the world thinks of American humor.
Brad Roberts
I have contact info for Sienfeld's personal assistant. Chris C knows of her also.

B
GWN7
Well the fact of the matter is that Jay's show reaches 3-4 million (Guesstamation) people on a bad night and upwards of 10 million on a good night. If he mentions the fund raiser or had been invited to the swap meet and mentioned what it was in support of we could probably be able to get korijo a new bus and lift.

Letterman owns a P car, but I have never seen him do a human interest spot on his show. Leno at least would or might He likes old cars and understands what we as a group are doing to help preserve our old cars by having this forum.
campbellcj
Letterman owns a bunch of p-cars. He's a 356 and earlier guy, from what I've heard.

I have contact info for JS's lawyers, which might actually be the best way to get ahold of him, LOL. hanged.gif
campbellcj
The best bet might be to contact the major ALS organizations and see if they have had particular "luck" with certain celebs. Trying to "cold-call" some of these other people is likely to be an exercise in frustration...or at least just a plain old waste of time.

It's one thing to see or even talk to these folks. That is not hard, if you are in the right place at the right time. (BTDT quite a few times.) But to get them to actually belly up to the plate and DO or SAY something publicly is a very very different matter. Not trying to sound negative, but imagine how many calls, emails and letters these kinds of people get every day, year after year.
jimtab
I would say forget Letterman, I think he's a dryballs. Seinfeld maybe but I'll bet the best bet would be Leno. I think he is the most genuine of the three. I ran into him at a small car show and not only is he approachable and easy to talk to he is an old school "gearhead" he can't get enough (no matter what marques he favors) and he seemed to be a real humane guy. I have to say that I've never seen either of the two latenite shows except for the monologues, up at 5:30 you know. Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.