Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Lid question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Phoenix-MN
I finally mounted the engine lid and got the release latch adjusted. When I open the engine lid if I don't hold it back it pops open with such force that it slams against the rollbar.

Is this this normal

Thanks
Paul
ripper911
All of the cars I've seen do it, place one hand over the lid while opening to keep that from happening.

But, I think you're susposed to be able to adjust it so that dosen't happen.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Oct 8 2011, 12:56 PM) *

I finally mounted the engine lid and got the release latch adjusted. When I open the engine lid if I don't hold it back it pops open with such force that it slams against the rollbar.

Is this this normal

Thanks
Paul

I have to always have a hand up on mine to keep it from slamming into the rollbar so I suspect it is normal.
Grelber
Isn't there a rubber stop that keeps it from slamming the rollbar?
SLITS
QUOTE(Grelber @ Oct 8 2011, 02:56 PM) *

Isn't there a rubber stop that keeps it from slamming the rollbar?

Nope ...

On early cars there was a rubber "stop" on the edge to keep from banging it into the open rear trunk lid.
Elliot Cannon
I removed one of the torsion bars on my engine lid and now when I open it, it only pops up bout 3 inches.
Eric_Shea
You don't have the raintray... that's why.

You can bend the springs slightly to accomodate less weight on the lid. That's what I did. That and I put the latch outside so it's easier to operate with a hand on the lid.

IPB Image
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 8 2011, 04:41 PM) *

You don't have the raintray... that's why.

Now, that makes sense.

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.