Eric_Shea
biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
jimkelly
PLEASE, NO ONE ENCOURAGE HIM : )))
Ferg
Neat, you make them?
jaxdream
Those look pretty trick sunglasses.gif , paint or powdercoat ????

Jack
DBCooper
Wow, very nice, Eric. Seems you're a pretty smart guy. I'd be really curious to have seen those before the paint.
Harpo
Sweet. How much? 914 or 911?

Dave
Eric_Shea
Labor of love... they're an experiment for my car. Lots of meticulous welding, some filler and sanding That's the primer coat. They'll be black.

If someone could make a fiberglass mold from them it would be worth it otherwise, I have hours into them... smash.gif welder.gif
wingnut86
Call Morph biggrin.gif
geniusanthony
This may be a dumb question but... would fiberglass hold up there?
jaxdream
QUOTE(Harpo @ Oct 8 2011, 03:44 PM) *

Sweet. How much? 914 or 911?

Dave

Those are 914 rear rotor splash covers , neat as heck too!!! How much ????? welder.gif

Say Eric , might that concept work for the front as well ???????

Jack
Eric_Shea
might that concept work for the front as well ?

I would think so. I was already thinking down that line.

For your every day average street driven 914 there may be some foreseeable disadvantages. The main one I'm thinking is; "debris". As with any brake cooling system you have to be careful with small stones and rubber from the track etc. Maybe a screen.

This may be a dumb question but... would fiberglass hold up there?

I don't think that's a dumb question at all. I just threw that out there but, I'm not sure "if" glass would hold up there. Look closely, on almost every pair of these rear shields I've seen, that rear hole is cracked. I'm just going to put a washer on there and bolt them back on. It's possible the cross stitch nature of glass cloth may alleviate this... maybe not? confused24.gif That said, there's plenty of glass shields out there, even some carbon fiber varieties.
jaxdream
Derbis would probably be the down side , screens would work , I've seen them on others. Glass might be an alternative , insert a piece of sheet metal in the rear bolt hole area before it sets , the bolt side could be thicker , leaving the mount side about the same sufrace mount dimension , just simply make that area thicker , maybe glass in some sort of screen material also , Just musing dude ........

Still looks great !!!!!! smilie_pokal.gif

Jack
broomhandle
i agree, all I can see is crap getting up there, some type of screen is needed. but great idea.
bigkensteele
Do our rear brakes really need much in the way of cooling?
Eric_Shea
Nope but when it's free (no weight penalties etc.), every little bit will help keep fluid cooler and that's the goal. Fronts are in the plans.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.