Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: which wheels look better? black or polished
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
I bought this car with these 8 spoke empi wheels . They had a bad black paint job over red that did not cover well. I just stripped off the 2 w layers of paint. I was planning on repainting them black but the polished looks pretty good. Now I can't decide so I would like some input.
Which looks better to you guys?
iamchappy
I like the black centers.....
Ferg
agree.gif
orange914
+1 black smilie_pokal.gif
DRPHIL914
Also I ask my wife which she likes and she says "I think you should paint them copper to match the car" so that is the third option.

messix
the raw finish looks good, but so does the black [in pictures]. keep them both for a variety
Jerry
the black goes really well with the black rockers and top...but both are good, just whatever you prefer
Bruce Hinds
I like the stripped raw look it highlights the spokes and looks different that most of those that are all done in black. Try this..... strip another and put black on one side and the raw on the other for a little while and see what you like the best. One will grow on you.
pt_700
i vote black!

all 3 choices work with your teener though...
Mike Bellis
Color match the centers to your paint!
JRust
Do it the same for 2 wheels as mentioned above. Drive it for a bit & see what you like better. Stick with the black with polished lips on one side. Straight polished on the other. When you decide which you like better. Paint the side that lost body color & do the same thing. Wait to see which you like better. Then you definately end up with what you like best biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
Put the black on the right side and the polished on the left side. Problem solved. Anything else?? lol-2.gif
avidfanjpl
Here is mine with the black center EMPI's.

I really like the black centers. I painted them myself.

Just for AX's. Otherwise, the Al Reed refinished Fuch's are on the car.

John

Click to view attachment
BuddyV
Black. Definitely.

(but both would work. )
zymurgist
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Oct 8 2011, 11:46 PM) *

Also I ask my wife which she likes and she says "I think you should paint them copper to match the car" so that is the third option.

agree.gif I would have said this even if you hadn't. IMO black is overdone these days.
zymurgist
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 9 2011, 01:06 AM) *

Do it the same for 2 wheels as mentioned above. Drive it for a bit & see what you like better. Stick with the black with polished lips on one side. Straight polished on the other. When you decide which you like better. Paint the side that lost body color & do the same thing. Wait to see which you like better. Then you definately end up with what you like best biggrin.gif

Actually, I like this idea best! It's your car after all... you'll get a lot of opinions here, but you're the one who will have to look at it every day, so make it the way you want it.
somd914
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Oct 9 2011, 08:05 AM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 9 2011, 01:06 AM) *

Actually, I like this idea best! It's your car after all... you'll get a lot of opinions here, but you're the one who will have to look at it every day, so make it the way you want it.

agree.gif Make it your car, it's only paint after all. My son changes his wheel colors every few months! A bit excessive, but he likes the variety.
SUNAB914
Black
michael7810
Mine are gold that goes well with Irish Green.Click to view attachment
wingnut86
Garnet & Black Phil.

GO GAMECOCKS!!!
Drums66
.......Polished idea.gif
bye1.gif flag.gif shades.gif
orange914
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Oct 9 2011, 02:46 PM) *

.......Polished idea.gif
bye1.gif flag.gif shades.gif

polished on german rims???
campbellcj
I like the look of either all black, or black background with polished rim/petals.
Tom_T
Polished, like these on the successor VARA racer to my parts car....

Click to view attachment
partwerks
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Oct 8 2011, 07:41 PM) *

I bought this car with these 8 spoke empi wheels . They had a bad black paint job over red that did not cover well. I just stripped off the 2 w layers of paint. I was planning on repainting them black but the polished looks pretty good. Now I can't decide so I would like some input.
Which looks better to you guys?

It's all in what you like, but my preference is Fuchs.
Eric_Shea
the black goes really well with the black rockers and top...but both are good, just whatever you prefer

agree.gif ...and goes well with the stripes.
Randal
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Oct 8 2011, 08:46 PM) *

Yup.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Oct 9 2011, 02:43 PM) *

Mine are gold that goes well with Irish Green.Click to view attachment

That gold goes great with the green!

I would have liked to do the copper metallic but I would have to buy $$$ paint. So
I went back to the black for now, I really like the one lack with polished edge, and the copper/black color scheme

If I had Fuchs I would lea e them polished.

If I ever find the right red 914, then the black & garnet USC would be fun.

DRPHIL914
So that's one down and 3 to go! Hoping to get them done today,

Raining here today.

(Government holiday today so I've got the day off)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.