Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: suspension refresh
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shuie
I've got all of the suspension components out of my car. My struts, t-bars, rear springs are all good. I guess I should replace all of the suspension bushings while Im in there.

I've used the Elephant polybronze stuff in the past on a 911. It's really nice stuff and worth the money for sure. Honestly, for the car I'm dealing with now, something like the stock bushings or even the squeaky poly bushings will be acceptable if they fit properly and don't bind. What are my options for replacing the suspension bushings? What other things should I be doing while Im in there?

TIA
jimkelly
http://www.pmbperformance.com/page/page/1925565.htm

you are only requesting feedback on bushings?

i am having elephant installed in my car this month - hope for nice.

but rubber and poly are far cheaper.

how are your ball joints and tie rods?

got a front sway bar?

jim
shuie
I will do the balljoints, tie-rods, & bushings in the front as well. I have a homemade front swaybar, but I will most likely replace it. It's been ~7yrs since I did this work on my last 911 so I figured I'd ask about the parts that are available now. I remember the poly-graphite stuff was okay, but could squeak and bind if it wasn't fit with a lathe. The Elephant stuff was always real nice. I just want to refresh everything properly and then get the car back on the road.

Thanks for the link. I will definitely be getting a lot of parts from PMB. I bought a set of calipers from Eric a few weeks ago. First class guy to deal with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.