Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Broken suspension ear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
The suspension ear boke off my friend's car. it is about 5 miles from me, Is it safe to drive back to the house at slow speed?
rmital
QUOTE(ppetion @ Oct 9 2011, 10:04 AM) *

The suspension ear boke off my friend's car. it is about 5 miles from me, Is it safe to drive back to the house at slow speed?

I'm sure it would be safe for the flatbed to drive at normal city speeds... flag.gif
...not so sure how long the teener would last driving it on it's own...can't imagine it being safe at all sad.gif
jaxdream
Maybe , but very low speed , I would say not out of second at most and not very high RPM either , first might put too much torque on it. Get behind and follow with emergency flashers on in the follow vehicle . It got to where it is , maybe it could go a little farther, it's a crap shoot though !!!

Good Luck dude..........

Jack
rmital
QUOTE(jaxdream @ Oct 9 2011, 10:18 AM) *

.....It got to where it is , maybe it could go a little farther, it's a crap shoot though !!!
Jack

..it got there by tow
914itis
Thanks guys , calling AAA
rmital
QUOTE(ppetion @ Oct 9 2011, 10:21 AM) *

great....might save yourself more damage repair. I wish we got to see/meet her 914. This might not be an easy fix? Maybe out of your normal skill set? Dam.... headbang.gif
914itis
QUOTE(rmital @ Oct 9 2011, 10:28 AM) *

QUOTE(ppetion @ Oct 9 2011, 10:21 AM) *

great....might save yourself more damage repair. I wish we got to see/meet her 914. This might not be an easy fix? Maybe out of your normal skill set? Dam.... headbang.gif

I figured that. I have absolutely no welding skills. I will see if injumnort can get the welding done for me. if not I have to look at other options.

I appologize fot bailing out on you guys without notice yesterday , She had to work @ 6 and was worried.

Would like to have it ready for hershey. maybe looking at other optiond such as a roller, must be super sheap. We have to keep her active.
jaxdream
QUOTE(rmital @ Oct 9 2011, 06:19 AM) *

QUOTE(jaxdream @ Oct 9 2011, 10:18 AM) *

.....It got to where it is , maybe it could go a little farther, it's a crap shoot though !!!
Jack

..it got there by tow

Ok , that wasn't mentioned in the first post , why not the extra 5 or so miles ?? Tow would be best , wasn't mentioned in the first post though .
Good Luck.......

Jack
jimkelly
passenger side or driver side ?

i think one is passenger side ?
jaxdream
That's the outside mount , ear is usualy meant to be the inside mount , still a tough R/R though . Have to get things aligned well. Maybe some of Chris Foley's replacements ???

Jack
stugray
I just went through this:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...113186&st=0

However, it is a complete restore, racing car, and I have a welder.

Not a simple fix for a daily driver.

Stu
914werke
Example
Click to view attachment
rwilner
take it up to racer chris and have him weld on his reinforcement pieces
914itis
QUOTE(jaxdream @ Oct 9 2011, 11:49 AM) *

That's the outside mount , ear is usualy meant to be the inside mount , still a tough R/R though . Have to get things aligned well. Maybe some of Chris Foley's replacements ???

Jack

Jack,
you are correct, it is the inside right mount that is broken.
r_towle
Paul,
Is this your car?
Post a few pics so we can see the damage....maybe you will get some help

Rich
914itis
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 9 2011, 10:19 PM) *

Paul,
Is this your car?
Post a few pics so we can see the damage....maybe you will get some help

Rich

No, my female friend's car. There is a lot of rust on the longs and elsewhere. the battery tray area was repaired by the DAPO with fiber glass bondo. The best thing to do is to get a roller and transfer everthing over. engine runs great and interior is not too bad. It will cost a lot less to get a roller.

Thanks Rich,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.