Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Santa Clarita/Fraizer Park Poker Run, OCT.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
A few us have been tossing around the idea of hosting a Poker Run in Early October. Yes it is a way off, but we're thinking cooler air temps, give people time to plan, and more time for us to plan. wink.gif

Basic Idea is to start in Santa Clarita and end up at Don C.'s Cabin in the mountains for a BBQ lunch, beer drinking and some idle chit chat. chowtime.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif (Don doesn't frequent board much, no internet at work) We have a couple of routes in mind already but still need to check them out. The cabin has lots of parking and there is a little town near by for those interested. The Cabin is actually west of Fraizer Park in the mountains.

We were also thinking about a picture rally for passengers, with maybe some little prize. That is of course if 914 passengers can look out the windows and not spend the whole ride hanging on for dear life... wacko.gif

Let me know if any of you find this interesting and we'll proceed with plans.
Thanks,
Mike D.
'74 914-6
Allan
Sounds good. It's nice up there that time of year. beer.gif
Howard
Oooh! Lockwood Valley to Ojai? Make that run every other week or so early Sunday AM to clean fouled plugs and synapses. Plenty cool even now if you do it early. Deal me in.
skline
Assuming the car is on the road then, I would be up for it also. Sounds like fun. Need a few more details to ink it in so let me know when you get it all together.
TonyAKAVW
I'm interested!
mikester
Care to provide a map showing the start and end points for reference?

I might be in...
bernbomb914
if the weather is cooler and we are not burning up then I would like to particiate also if my car is dialed in.

Bernie
Mike D.
QUOTE(mikester @ Jul 25 2004, 11:34 AM)
Care to provide a map showing the start and end points for reference?

I might be in...

Still working on the route and a map...there seem to be two different ideas, back roads to Fraizer Park and a short loop after we get there, or straight there and a longer loop. Seeing how most people will drive a way just to get to the start (my house) we will probably settle on the first idea.

Just for an idea of the location, I live near Magic Mountain in Santa Clarita and Fraizer Park is about 25-30 min. North on the 5 frwy.

-Mike D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.