Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: carbon fiber rain hats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrbubblehead
i finally found some time to build a mold for some weber rain hats ive been wanting to make. the rainy season is coming. a few friends with buggies wanted a set, so i made a small run of them. i really dig the blue ones for my olympic blue.

IPB Image

IPB Image
speed metal army
Snazzy!How much?
'73-914kid
Any Idea if they fit with CB's cross bar linkage?
mrbubblehead
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Oct 9 2011, 12:08 PM) *

Any Idea if they fit with CB's cross bar linkage?

ya....shouldnt be any problem.....
mrbubblehead
if there is interest in them i could make more......
speed metal army
smile.gif
QUOTE(mrbubblehead @ Oct 9 2011, 12:38 PM) *

"How much?" smile.gif
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Oct 9 2011, 12:42 PM) *

smile.gif
QUOTE(mrbubblehead @ Oct 9 2011, 12:38 PM) *

"How much?" smile.gif

im trying to figure that out now......they are pure aerospace carbon fiber. i have to figure out what it costs me in materials....
mrbubblehead
just so you guys understand what these are.....

these are made from areospace grade 3k carbon fiber. they are vacuum infused with high grade, high temp epoxy resin. then oven cured. they are finished with dupont chromaclear clear coat for UV protection.

this prosess is 1 step down from using a prepreg, autoclave system like the f1 and motogp carbon fiber bodies are made.

these are not fiberglass backed cheap vinyl ester resin parts, these are top quality epoxy and carbon.

$225 dollars a set

$200 dollars a set for blemished clearcoat (just need a little color sanding) or painted.

let me know if you are interested.....
mrbubblehead
i just wanted to post up a few more things im making to show you guys.

door panels
IPB Image

gauge pods
IPB Image

my buddies race car
IPB Image
billh1963

Very nice!
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 8 2011, 11:06 AM) *

Very nice!
thank you. they are light too. the stock door panel weighed about 7 lbs with the pockets on them. mine came in at 1.1 lb. with the clear coat.
JmuRiz
Very cool stuff, I like the gauge pods and door panels...what are the price estimates on those?

Any way to make the stock arm-rest (pass side) and deposit box (driver-side) bolt on?
racerbvd
SWEET!! Are you open to any trades??
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Dec 8 2011, 11:43 AM) *

Very cool stuff, I like the gauge pods and door panels...what are the price estimates on those?

Any way to make the stock arm-rest (pass side) and deposit box (driver-side) bolt on?
door panels will be $450 per set with the pull handle and powder coated screws. and the gauge pod will be $50.

you could always thru bolt the arm rest and deposit box on....
pete-stevers
neat stuff...
Ductech
I wish I could afford those sweet door inners. I just wish i could see your setup for making those bad boys.
campbellcj
Those door panels look sweet! I used thin black ABS for mine so they probably weigh about the same but only cost $10 or so. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.