Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Damn,
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
..for Poland, anyhow. cool.gif
Nice round 100 deg. I'm settin' here in the air conditioned splendor of my puter room messing wit youz guys on the BBS, rather than doing something productive. Fixed my truck this morning before it gots hot, so you're stuck with me till the sun goes down......I could take a nap, I guess. idea.gif
Brad Roberts
It's nice and cool here and I'm still sitting on my ass trying to get motivated to work on 914's today. I'm having a hard time if you cant tell.

B
J P Stein
Thought for sure you'd vote for the nap laugh.gif

I wuz lookin' at the birthday thingy and noticed that I was on there.....thanx for reminding me mad.gif
Brad Roberts
I already took my nap.

Woke up at 8:30.. dilly dallied around.. until 12:30 or so on here then laid down for a snooze.. got back up showered... typed out a slew of emails and hit the BBS again.. then recieved a few emails from a buddy in Germany right now online. They cant access the BBS so I have to email them back and forth.

B
Bruce Allert
Ya, it's hotter 'n a popcorn phart. We just had a graduation in our auditorium. The damn HVAC decided to throw a belt just as it was starting (of course. Heated up real fast what wit 100+ peoples in thar sad.gif Now I'm home & gots me a FAT TIRE. It's cool in here.....

..........b

P.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JP beerchug.gif
seanery
I just woke from my nap. YAWN.....Happy Birthday GEESE! smilie_pokal.gif
Joe Ricard
97 degrees 87% humidity. Cut the grass and washed the teener.. Ya'll PACNORWEST guys can't even spell "hot". Rode my bicycle to work yesterday as most days. heat index was 110.

Devil don't even come to my house cause it is cooler where he's at. happy11.gif
morph
Went to the coast today, and so did everyone else. Weather was nice, not too hot, Sat in what is similar to Portland rush hour traffic, but at least I was in an air conditioned car.

Hiedi
Brad Roberts
JP,

head over to the track. The ALMS is in town this weekend. See how the big boy's play. Craig Watkins (SmartCamber founder) is running the "Flying Lizards" GT3RSR team with Overbeek and others.

Or..sit at home and watch it on TV in the air conditioned comfort of your own easy chair.

B
Brett W
Gotta ya all beat. 110-115degrees in the Fiberglass factory very little air flow for 12 hours. It was 92 degrees outside with 100 percent humidity at 7PM. I would go outside on breaks just to cool off.
J P Stein
Ok, Brett, you win. biggrin.gif
It was 105ish yesterday, but only 95ish in my end of the building last night.....and I'm supposed to be measuring stuff to a thou or so.....right, no problem. rolleyes.gif
double-a
happy b-day jp. and yes, it is way too hot up here. and too dry, our new rhodies are going to shrivel. we just got back from an outdoor wedding in keizer. yes, outdoor. wacko.gif

~a
Porsche Rescue
Had tickets for all 3 days of ALMS. Could only stand about 2 hours of walking the paddock Fri. and Sat. Managed to get an Audi Sport shirt autographed by JJ Lehto and Werner for my son-in-law who drives an S4. Stared at the Racer's Group and Flying Lizard operation until I decided that it was too damn hot. Predicted 85 degrees for race day tomorrow so I think my wife will finally join me for the final day.
J P Stein
Had a freebie offer for todays ticket.....had to fix the truck, water the rhodies, read a book.....OK, I'm a candy ass biggrin.gif
Gint
Rained like a mo yesterday, and never made it past 62 or so today. VERY unusual for this time of year. Should only make upper 60's tomorrow, but we may get some sun.

Happy B-Day JP
Toast
It was 96 today with 81% humidity in Riverslide Ca. It seemed pretty hot today. (insert hot smilie) But it wasnt too hot for Slits and I to go pic up my first 914 and tow it back to the shop!! girlboing.gif beer.gif
Plus, I got to meet DrifterJay and one of the Andy's today too! wavey.gif

I'll post pics tomorow on the thread I started earlier. I found that I got alot better deal that I thought. And some of you have seen this car in person before! smilie_pokal.gif

driving-girl.gif burnout.gif

Happy birthday JP! birthday.gif tunez.gif
Levi
99..outside at my house today....72 inside... beerchug.gif
Rusty
124 in the shade, no breeze at 4pm. happy11.gif

I sure as hell don't remember Iraq being this hot 13 years ago... but it wasn't July then.

I've had almost 5 quarts of water today, so far.

-Rusty blink.gif
Bruce Allert
ohmy.gif Rusty, what a bummer! I din't know it could get that hot anywhere & there'd still be people around.... alive.
I'm sympathetic to ya Man. (can't be empathetic as I've never BTDT) & don't wanna be either. flag.gif
Just think snow (gawd! can't believe I said that since I hate it so much!)

hang in there Bud... the end is in site......

..........b
Rusty
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Jul 25 2004, 05:30 PM)
ohmy.gif Rusty, what a bummer! I din't know it could get that hot anywhere & there'd still be people around.... alive.
I'm sympathetic to ya Man. (can't be empathetic as I've never BTDT) & don't wanna be either. flag.gif
Just think snow (gawd! can't believe I said that since I hate it so much!)

hang in there Bud... the end is in site......

..........b

Thank you, Bruce.

Whenever I start bitching and whining (to myself... never in front of the soldiers), I have to remember that I'm a volunteer. Sure, it sucks, but I raised my hand and took an oath... repeatedly. lol2.gif

I have no one to blame but myself. smile.gif

Besides, there *are* worse places in the world to be in than Iraq, and I thank God I'm not in any of them. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Bleyseng
Was 98 in Seattle and we don't have any fans either at the house. At 9PM we went to Alki Beach for a walk, checking out all the beach fires, partys and it was much cooler. Can't believe they throw everyone off the beach now at 11PM, what's up with that!

124 is too damn hot Rusty, so stay in the shade drinkin h2o.

Geoff
seanery
damn, y'all it was 75 here yesterday with very low humidity. That is very odd for late July in the midwest. It's usually upper 80s or 90s with equal humidity.

Rust boy,
any word on your homecoming?
Rusty
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jul 25 2004, 06:19 PM)
124 is too damn hot Rusty, so stay in the shade drinkin h2o.

lol2.gif Tell me about it.

On the other hand, they can throw me off this beach at 11pm ANYTIME. smile.gif

No, Sean... no word. If I'm home by Christmas, I'll be happy.

-Rusty smoke.gif
rhodyguy
i hear ya rusty. the blast furnace in iraq makes my whinning about the heat here a little pathetic rolleyes.gif. while visiting my son i tried on all of his gear, fatigues, head gear, pack (not the day pack), the works. i mean all of it, save holding the weapon and the magazines were empty. jesus, the ceramic/kevlar vest alone nearly drove me to the floor ohmy.gif . i don't know how you guys are doing it. be safe and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

kevin
Rusty
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 25 2004, 06:39 PM)
i hear ya rusty. the blast furnace in iraq makes my whinning about the heat here a little pathetic rolleyes.gif. while visiting my son i tried on all of his gear, fatigues, head gear, pack (not the day pack), the works. i mean all of it, save holding the weapon and the magazines were empty. jesus, the ceramic/kevlar vest alone nearly drove me to the floor ohmy.gif . i don't know how you guys are doing it. be safe and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

kevin

Yeah... that vest is a sumbitch, if you're not used to it. After a while, it builds up your shoulders. boldblue.gif

The good thing is that it WILL save a life. wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.