Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V8 with webers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Hinds
Anybody out there running a SBC V8 with webers besides Wes?

I'd love to hear the sound and see the fit. I'm getting ready to do a rebuild and I'd love to go to individual stacks if they'll fit without cutting into the firewall. Inglese and Moon have made manifolds and then there are the side drafts!

Pictures anyone?

I used to have a 2.0 with webers and the intake sound was awesome, can't imagine what 4 of them would sound like.
DBCooper
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Oct 9 2011, 02:48 PM) *

Anybody out there running a SBC V8 with webers besides Wes?

I'd love to hear the sound and see the fit. I'm getting ready to do a rebuild and I'd love to go to individual stacks if they'll fit without cutting into the firewall. Inglese and Moon have made manifolds and then there are the side drafts!

Pictures anyone?

I used to have a 2.0 with webers and the intake sound was awesome, can't imagine what 4 of them would sound like.

I have an adapter somewhere that lets you put two big 48 side drafts onto a low profile four barrel manifold. The adapter's for streetrods and if recall it didn't fit under the decklid, which is why I wanted to try it. So dead end, don't go there.

Forty years ago I had a friend with a 289 Cobra and Webers. He was always under the hood and I don't he ever got them all adjusted correcty at the same time. Did sound good, though.
Elliot Cannon
Ford 260cid with four side draft webers.
jmmotorsports
I ran them on mine when I first built it 6 or 7 years ago. High cool factor but way more of a PITA than it is worth.

JerryClick to view attachment
a914622
QUOTE(jmmotorsports @ Oct 9 2011, 06:02 PM) *

I ran them on mine when I first built it 6 or 7 years ago. High cool factor but way more of a PITA than it is worth.

JerryClick to view attachment

Jerry
Did you buy that setup in Monroe? I had that exact setup on my 302 before i switched to injection. I also painted mine a blue close to that. Looks purple sometimes?

But anyway I would agree big pain for little gain.

jcl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.