Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for some help in the BAy area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I need a gas cap for '74! I guess I didn't bend the tabs far enough back after I had it re zinc'd and it won't stay in place. I want the new owner to send it back, but I'm looking for one to seal it up. I assume all but the threaded ones are the same.

They are also having problems with the passenger window. It got stuck in the down position. I told them to crank a little harder and that worked, But The cover should be pulled and the gear checked. I think a little grease is all that's needed.

Lastly, (I hope) I left the venting to wide and the e brake won't hold steep hills. I fingured it was fine, but the new owner wants to use it for a hill holder.

Anybody want to do some work on a nicely restored teener?
SirAndy
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Oct 9 2011, 05:07 PM) *

I need a gas cap for '74! I guess I didn't bend the tabs far enough back after I had it re zinc'd and it won't stay in place. I want the new owner to send it back, but I'm looking for one to seal it up. I assume all but the threaded ones are the same.

They are also having problems with the passenger window. It got stuck in the down position. I told them to crank a little harder and that worked, But The cover should be pulled and the gear checked. I think a little grease is all that's needed.

Lastly, (I hope) I left the venting to wide and the e brake won't hold steep hills. I fingured it was fine, but the new owner wants to use it for a hill holder.

Anybody want to do some work on a nicely restored teener?

PM McMark, his shop is just north of San Francisco ...
bye1.gif
dlkawashima
If McMark doesn't have it, I would think that Easy Porsche in Emeryville would:

IPB Image
http://www.easypor.com/contact.htm
JRust
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 9 2011, 05:16 PM) *

PM McMark, his shop is just north of San Francisco ...
bye1.gif

agree.gif . McMark has LE experience too piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.