Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zenith Idle mixture adjustment screw
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcambo7
Well I snapped one of the screws in the carb and need ideas on how to get it out and than where I can buy a new one. AA is 6.95 and I'm not price shopping just want to steer clear if I have to. Thanks for the help.

James

Zenith 40 TIN carbs for a 1971 2.2L 911 6

Part is item number 9
Click to view attachment
jcambo7
icon_bump.gif
Anyone. I am in a bit of a hurry to get this fixed.
moparrob
Check with Paul at Performance Oriented. He took care of my Webers for me.

Paul Abbott (530) 899-8371 Chico, California

IPB Image
jcambo7
Thanks Rob. I gave him a call and he said he is unable to sell parts for carbs due to limited supply. He gave me a couple of places to look into that may have them. I did get the blasted screw out of the housing after breaking a couple of drill bits and than breaking a screw removal bit. Now I just need to find a place that has these in stock and I cann get before Saturday.
moparrob
try these guys, too. I bought my rebuild kits there..

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/

jcambo7
Thanks again Rob. I looked through their site and found one but it looks like the wrong one. I will try to call them tomorrow and see if they do in fact have one.
jcambo7
Man...I am having no luck finding this screw. If anyone has one they can part with I will be happy to pay for it and for shipping. Or if anyone knows someone or somewhere that I could also look to find it please let me know.
sixnotfour
Between my buddy and Dan Root there was a spare zenith (burnt) floating around , He moved to ocean shores ,I will call him tomorrow,
Meanwhile call Dan Root and ask him if he has it ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.