Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Bilstein HD or Sport
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chris914
I have a 914 that I'm going to Autocross.

Bilstein shows the Sports version for the back only.
B46-0179

But they show the Heavy Duty and the Sport for the front.
P36-0112 and P36-0113

Does anyone have any experiance withe differance between the two.

And how about mixing HD front with Sport rears.

Thanks.
J P Stein
Humph.......I had sport fronts(9eleben struts) & HD rears. Couldn't tell much difference, but my ass is numb. All have now been revalved and I can tell the difference.....even tho my ass is still numb. biggrin.gif
Jeroen
The sports are a bit harsh. It didn't bother me, but not everybody likes that
They seem to work better (and get less harsh) with bigger springs/torsionbars

I don't know how much street driving you do (and with what purpose - daily driver / weekend fun car)
It's a tough call, I've learned that what I think is nice and firm, is way beyond acceptable for others

Maybe you can find someone here online close to where you are that has them on his/her car and is willing to take you for a spin. That's the best way to decide for yourself.

Don't know about mixing HD fronts with Sport rears...

Did you consider going for (adjustable yellow) Koni's?
(and if you did, why did you choose the Bilsteins - just curious)

cheers,

Jeroen
BahnBrenner914
how hard are the bilstein sports? too hard for a daily driver? here around gig harbor the roads aren't bad but if i take I-5 up to seattle a really hard suspension would kill me and even worse my date! should i go with koni's when i do suspension in the future? is it worth the extra cost?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.