Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fs stainless steel heat exchangers nice 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ripping914
this is a nice factory set of stainless steel heat exchangers, they are 2.0 price is 500.00, i prefer pay pal, for club members i will accept all methods, once payment clears i will ship, if you have questions cal XXX-XXX-XXXX free shipping in the usa only porsche914hunterbuilt
mgphoto
QUOTE(ripping914 @ Oct 9 2011, 08:58 PM) *

this is a nice factory set of stainless steel heat exchangers, they are 2.0 price is 500.00, i prefer pay pal, for club members i will accept all methods, once payment clears i will ship, if you have questions cal XXX-XXX-XXXX free shipping in the usa only porsche914hunterbuilt

RIPPING IS THE IMPORTANT WORD HERE!

THIS GUY IS A THIEF DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM

example:

HELLO, I AM GOING TO GET RIGHT TO THE POINT, YOU ARE INSULTING MY INTELLIGENCE, I KNOW THIS MOTOR; YOU DONT KNOW SHIT, I DROVE THE CAR THIS MOTOR CAME OUT OF, IT RAN FINE, AND ALSO HAD GOOD COMPRESSION AND DID NOT SMOKE, THE PLUGS WERE WET; IS THAT A SUPRISE WHAT DO YOU DO WITHJ A MOTOR THAT WAS GOING TO BE PUT ION STORAGE FOR 3 MONTHS, YOU LUBE THE CYLINDERS, THIS MOTOR RUNS FINE, YOU SAY THE FLYWHEEL HAD END PLAY, WELL YOU COM[PLAINED ABOUT THE FLYWHEEL. SO YOU PROBALLY REMOVED IT AND DID NOT PUT THE SPACER SHIMS BACK IN, DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY IT TAKES ON A 914 DO YOU KNOW HOW TO MEASURE THE END PLAY,WELL I BUILT THJESE MOTORS FOR 20 YEARS, I DO KNOW, AND I CHECKED IT ALL OUT, THIS MOTOR IS EXACTLEY WHAT I SAID IT WAS, I DONT SELL JUNK, MY FEEDBACK SAYS IT ALL. YOU SAY ITS A CORE AND IS WORTH 700.00 ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR F----- MIND, GO FIND A GOOD SET OF THREE BOLT HEADS FOR THAT , GO FIND A FUEL IONJECTION SYSTEM FOR THAT, YOU MUST THINK I AM STARVING AND CARE ABOUT MY FEEDBACK OR EVEN PAY PAL,L YOU ARE TRYING TO USE THE SYSTEM IN PLACE FOR YPOUR BULLSHIT BENEFITS, YOU DID NOT EVEN GET THE MOTOR IN THE CAR, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO SAY ABOUT THAT, WELL I PULLED A PLUG AND IT WAS FOWLED OUT, YOU WILL NOTY GET NOTHING FROM ME, I WAS HONEST ABOUT THE MOTOR, YOU ARE PLAYING CHILDISH GAMES WITH THE WRONG GUY, I CAN INSTALL THESE MOTOR IN 2 AND A HALF HOURS, I WAS HONEST AND MY ADD STATES NO RETURNS ACCEPTED AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE, YOU EMAILED ME THE OTHER DAY COMPLANING ABOUT STUPID SHIT, I KNEW TODAY WAS COMING, YOU ARE TRYING TPO GET SOMTHING GOOD FOR NOTHING ITS WORTH 700.00 YOU ARE OUT IOF YOUR MIND, I WILL DO NOTHING FOR YOU, AS MY ADD STATES NO RETURNS, I HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS AND HAVE SEEN ALL THE GAMES. PEOPLE TRY TO ABUSE A SYSTEM, BY SAYING OH WELL IT IS NOT WHAT I WANTED OR I MIGHT TAKE SOME PARTS I NEED AND GET THE SELLER TO REFUND ME SOME MONEY SO I WILL COMPLAIN HE WILL GIVE IT TO ME BECAUSE OF FEEDBACK WELL YOU RAN INTO THE WRONG, GUY, I KNOW ALL THE GAMES PEOPLE PLAY, THATS WHY I DESCRIBE THE MOTOR AND GIVE NO RETURNS,QUIT BITCHING STOP TRYING TO BEAT THE SYSTEM AND PUT THE DAMN MOTOR IN YOU CAR AND DRIVE IT, DANNY HUNTER
JJJ
> To: a1partshunter@hotmail.com
> F
> Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 10:44:50 -0700
>
> Hello Danny,
> This engine has major problems! I pulled the spark plugs and they are
> black and soaked with oil, either the rings are shot or the valve
> guides are gone and the engine is running very rich. The crankshaft
> has about 1/4 inch end play, meaning the main bearings are shot!
> I don't think I can work with this engine as I expected it to going
> into the car and be running in a few days, this need a total tear
> down and rebuilt, this engine is a core and worth only about $700.
> What can we do at this point?
> Mike
>
>

THIS A*HOLE IS CLAIMING NOT TO BE DANNY HUNTER, BUT HE IS USING HIS FATHERS NAME BECAUSE HIS IS SUCH DIRT!!!!

DON'T GIVE HIM YOUR MONEY!!!!

THIS IS WHAT HE SELLS.
Click to view attachmentAttached Image
shorted alternator

cooling fan broken fins

JUST SOME OF THE CRAP HE SOLD ME CLAIMING IT WAS A 35K MILE ORIGINAL ENGINE
mgphoto
This is from SchantzMD

Hi there.

Is this the guy in PA that was going under the eBay screen name, Screaming_914,... or something like that (I think he might of changed his eBay screen name to ripping*** something)?

The only reason I ask is because I've had 2 separate people that have bought "Running Rebuilt low mileage" engines from him for ~$2500-$3000 respectively, and both had issues.

I know this for a fact because one of this seller's engines I inspected and was able to get running, while the other one I tore down completely and declared DOA on arrival.

The engine I got running for a fellow 914World member was said to of been a complete running 2.0L with EFI and 150 +/- a few psi compression across all 4 cylinders. After inspection it was found to have compression pressures of 115,120,80, & 150. This in itself was not a problem as the engine was used, but the issue came from the fact that the seller lied to the buyer telling him it was a very low mileage rebuilt unit that was pulled from a rusted out running car. The reality was that it was obviously some used long block that was slapped together with a bunch of parts that he had laying around,(including a junk flywheel and a distributor drive gear that was dropped in 180 degrees off).

The second engine from this same seller was one that was dropped off at my shop. It was a complete 2.0L painted in red and silver and was setup with a single progressive carb. The engine was supposed to of been a very recent rebuild with a carbed cam that again was pulled from a "running car". After inspection the engine was found to have one dead cylinder, 2 with a 120 psi, and one with almost 190 psi. After a full dis-assembly I found that the engine had a junk stock cam and a crap load of fresh silicone on a bunch of used seals.
The worst part of the engine was the compression issue and the reason for the varied #s was astounding! I found that the side of the motor with the 120 psi reading was due to the fact that someone had recently stacked 2 head gaskets on top of each other. The other side of the motor was even worse because it had no head gaskets at all and (1) flat top Euro piston, (the other 3 pistons were all low compression dished bus pistons).

Both buyers also had the exact same experience as you with responses from this guy. When they contacted him about their concerns he humored them for a while and then basically told them to just F*** off.

Feel free to re-post this on the World board if you'd like. If this is the Screaming_914 guy from eBay then I know from personal experience that he's a scammer and liar because I've seen his ads and then seen the actual product 1st hand. If so then I think he needs to explain why so many people are having issues if he's an "honest" seller, but if this is a different individual then I guess he's owed an apology.

Mike
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
Ok, ya'll need a timeout ... dry.gif

Calling out someone is one thing, the heavy mudslinging is something we do not appreciate.
And by "we", i mean the whole admin team.

Thread closed pending further admin actions.
smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.