Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ok, what to do
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
In this little town called Keene. Flew in last night, and ideas?
ldsgeek
What do you enjoy? I am in New Ipswich if you want to look at a long term project, 1974 1.8. You just missed the Milford, NH Pumpkin festival. I don't k now if he is running it this year, but the world record Punkin' Chunkin trebuchet resides in Greenfield on Route 31, which is also a nice scenic drive (you did rent a fun car to drive, right). There is a lot to do but you may have to drive a ways to get there. You may also just want to drive north to look at the foliage, I am seeing some nice color out my window now and it should be better in the northern parts of the state. Have fun.

LDS Geek
underthetire
Fun car, no. A Chrysler 200, and I hate it. Driving from the airport to here sucked, and took for ever btw. Saw a sign for greenfield on the way out last night, happens to be my last name. How far are you? Always open to meeting up with a teener!
r_towle
head north and look at the folliage in VT when you have time.
You are just about in peak season.
Look for Rt100 in VT and head up there...stop along the way at all the vermont stores...its a unique experience.

How long are you in Keane for this trip?
Sorry to hear you are stuck out there...not a super lively area.

Rich
ldsgeek
From Keene head easy on 101 look for signs to Jaffrey, taking Route 124. When you get to Jaffrey, continue on 124 to New Ipswich (Stop at Kimballs Farm for ice cream if they are still open). I'm at 559 Turnpike Road, which is 124, right in the center of town across from TD Bank. Total travel time is about 45 minutes.
underthetire
Flying home Saturday, probably have most of Thursday and Friday to play around. Really is nice here, and your weather is as nice as California!
ChrisFoley
What airport did you fly into?
In Keene, you're only 2 hours north of Tangerine Racing.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(underthetire @ Oct 10 2011, 02:46 PM) *

Flying home Saturday, probably have most of Thursday and Friday to play around. Really is nice here, and your weather is as nice as California!

Wait till January. happy11.gif
Rleog
You're definitely evil, Elliot.
underthetire
Flew in to Manchester. I forget how close all the states are here. I would love to see your shop! Went out to dinner tonight, the little downtown is nice! Reminds me of a place I used to live called Los gatos, without the outrageous prices. I'm hoping our testing wraps up early, I really want to see more of this area.
r_towle
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 10 2011, 07:13 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Oct 10 2011, 02:46 PM) *

Wait till January. happy11.gif

Wait till Wednesday.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.