Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Puttin the wifey to work!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Started the tear down of the engine with clean off and separation of the tranny. My wife Doris wanted to help so.....here's a few pics of her pulling the 901 off the back of the 2.7.

Tell your wives Doris says the transaxle's really "light". No problemo! biggrin.gif

Bill P. laugh.gif
nine14cats
step 2
nine14cats
step 3
nine14cats
step 4
nine14cats
step 5.....

TADA!!! smilie_pokal.gif

hmmmm.....sexy!!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
Brad Roberts
I cant believe she let you stand there and take pics...LOL

Smart man. CLEAN IT before you remove it.

B
Jeroen
Her Mechanix gloves look WAAAAAAAY too clean biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
Bill failed to mention to her that the engine and trans would be pulled apart on HER side of the garage.. lol2.gif Looks like the Beamer will be out in the driveway this evening..

B
nine14cats
hey B,

You noticed what side of the garage huh? lol2.gif

S2000 is a convertible so.....in the garage and out with the bmw... laugh.gif

yep...we scrubbed and cleaned the whole engine tranny combo BEFORE tugging on it...too messy otherwise...

I pulled the plugs and turned the crank...it moves...may not be too bad in there...

Bill P.
URY914
Allright, allright, enough of the light work, now get her back in the kitchen and make some dinner! happy11.gif

You are very lucky, my wife won't even walk in the garage. sad.gif

Paul
Brad Roberts
Doris is only a couple of seconds slower than Bill at ALL the driving events. She gets to share the joy and PAIN of owning a 914 race car.

B
Porsche Rescue
Is that the sweet young thing who sat accross from me during dinner at the Pruneyard? Who would have guessed she had grease under her nails! You found a good one. My sweet young thing helped install an engine in a 911 on Thanksgiving day in 1988. We were younger then!
Gint
My wife helped me carry the back half of a tub from out behind the shed and into the garage today. Despite all of my bitchin. No pics though. sad.gif
Levi
Kool.
GO Doris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
beerchug.gif
Tom Perso
That floorjack looks waaaayyyy too clean too.... smile.gif

Nice job though!!!!

Later!
Tom
blaize
Everything in that picture is too clean. there should be oil puddles/stains all over the place, leaves under the tool box and compressor, random nuts/bolts/parts laying all around (preferably in little piles that have been kicked into neato scatter shapes), and the floor jack should be a nice oily black color. Your doing it all wrong man.
EdwardBlume
biggrin.gif Hey Doris, what's your hourly rate as a Porsche mechanic?? I could use the help...biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.