Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My baby is back in the house
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brett W
Well I got my baby back to the house. She has been tweaked, stretched, bent and repaired. She is now straight again. After only 7.5 hours and $300 my chassis is once again square. They pulled the rear suspension mount back out and foward.

When my car was wrecked by one of the PO they clipped the front end ahead of the strut towers. The body shop cut the fenders in half, cut off the front panel of the trunk and welded a new one on. When they did this it turns out they shorted the panels by 5mm. This has caused the hood not to fit right it is bunched up kinda bowed a little more in the middle. You can tell because there is a gap between the seal and hood. The only solution being remove the fenders and front trunk panel, cut the pan loose and pull it forward and weld it back, then put new fenders and a front panel in place. Since the car has been this way since I ownded it and I didn't know it I will probably leave it alone. I thought about getting a glass hood and shortening it but I haven't decided yet. It is not bad enough to see but I know the problem is there.

Since the car is back, I am going to get to work on it do a few new mods to it while i have it down. DWD strikes again.
- Weld in some structural reinforcing pieces,
- Repaint it witha few subtle body mods
- Freshen up the tranny
- Build a 1911 motor for now and begin the monster motor as well.
- Build a couple of new headers
- Modify the fuel tank to allow for installation of a better filler cap, fuel cell foam, and some baffles.
- GT engine grille
- Front mounted Mazda oil cooler

I am looking for a few parts as well

- some GT rocker panels,
- VW beetle fender welting,
- Shorty IDF manifolds
- Some extra body trim so I can black it out (I may have some)

My thoughts are to take all of the chrome parts and black them out. Paint the bumpers black or body color, Install some late model BMW side marker lights, make some sort of third brake light out of LEDs that will install in the rear targa trim or under the targa bar, and few other ideas.

What do ya'll think?

here is a pic of the car leaving the shop.
Brett W
Here is the crash picture:
Brett W
Here is a beauty shot.
URY914
That crash picture hurts to look at. sad.gif

I like your plans.

Paul
Korijo
- VW beetle fender welting
confused24.gif
Brett W
I forgot to post I need some pics of cars with body color bumpers.

Check this out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.