Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any 914's on Oahu?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Mels
Just returned from Oahu and we didn't see many air cooled models running around. saw a couple older 911's but not a single teener. Any hiding in garages?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(914Mels @ Oct 10 2011, 03:55 PM) *

Just returned from Oahu and we didn't see many air cooled models running around. saw a couple older 911's but not a single teener. Any hiding in garages?

I used to see a black one about ten years ago in Waikiki, Diamond Head side. It looked like a 75 or 76.
Katmanken
You didn't look hard enough!

Here is the best survivor of the salt air.....
PBC914
5 years ago I drove around Oahu-I counted 5 different 914's either in the front yard or side yard that weren't running. I couldn't find the owners however to buy parts off of them. 4 years ago on the Big Island I saw (and photographed) an original white 914/6. I was taking pictures and the owner came out of the office building saying "hey it's paid for"-I mentioned I owned a 914 and we were talking 914's-he opened the front trunk-apparently Ferdinand Porsche saw the 914/6 when it was in either Washington or Oregon, remarked on it's great condition, and signed the top of the wheel-well on the inside of the trunk. 3 years ago we were coming back from Captain Cook towards Kona and I saw it again.

Lots of parts cars on Oahu-only 1 914/6 or 914 in general on the Big Island. I've never seen either on Kauai or Maui.
mwyatt
I saw a yellow one in Waikiki about 5 years ago. I also saw a red '75 on Kauai in 1997.
jt914-6
My Copper Metallic used to live there....but it got tired of living in paradise and now resides in the South..... driving.gif first.gif beerchug.gif
rktmn247
Mine is off the road right now. There is a six that is being redone by a guy on the windward side, a yellow 75 for sale on craigs list, and I use to see a red one in the Arizona memorial parking lot once in a while, not recently though. There were two v8 conversions for sale on the big island. The owner has listed them a couple of times over the last few years.
Drums66
QUOTE(kwales @ Oct 10 2011, 04:40 PM) *

You didn't look hard enough!

Here is the best survivor of the salt air.....

....Complete 69' 70' 914... laugh.gif WTF.gif(in a dust pan)....guitarist in my band owns a house there..says there are a mess of them(914's)
over yonder.
futureprimitive
There used to be one in Kailua across the street from Lani Kai. One block past Buzz's Steak House! It was there about 7 years ago sitting in the grass hiding!
Dave_Darling
I've seen the red one in the Arizona Memorial parking lot. Even have a pic of it somewhere.

I've seen a silver one (nice shape too!) parked in Lahaina.

I talked with the owner of a red 914 on the Big Island.

Those are all I've seen in the last ~6 years. Most of the trips there have been around New Year's.

--DD
Ferg
I've seen one on Maui the last 2 years...

IIRC it was Marathon Blue.

Ferg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.