Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this one one of yours?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Toast
Know anything about this '74? Bad white repaint over Delphi Green - looks to be converted 2.0 from a 1.8. 2.0 heads, but early heat exchangers. Haven't found any engine numbers on case as yet. Pass side engine shelf gone from ?. Apparently out of Palo Alto.

IPB Image

IPB Image
Bleyseng
Last running in 89??

Geoff ohmy.gif
SirAndy
those blue lic-plates haven't been around for a while now ...

wink.gif Andy
DrifterJay
I have blue plates... wink.gif
SLITS
Ahhhh, I see. "Blue Plates" make the car inoperable laugh.gif
phantom914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 26 2004, 07:24 AM)
Ahhhh, I see. "Blue Plates" make the car inoperable laugh.gif

Nah, mine has blue plates and it runs. I think the fact that it doesn't run has to do with painting over the Delphi Green.

Andrew
Toast
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jul 25 2004, 10:54 AM)
Last running in 89??

Geoff ohmy.gif

Yea,
that's why I was wondering if that had anything to do with the licence plate frame.

biggrin.gif
Toast
Actually, this is my new baby, my true first 914!! smilie_pokal.gif
I have now been sucked in........monkeydance.gif
GWN7
Well quit bragging that you have one of those rare antique HPH licence plate frames and show us some more pictures of the car. biggrin.gif
Toast
I actualy should have continued posting in the first thread I started about this car.....
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...f=2&t=14624&hl=

So, all the electrical seems to work, except for the headlights. But they do pop up.
But haven't got it started yet. sad.gif Replaced the starter and charged the battery, but that is far as I have gotten. Looks like someone has tried starting it before... spare distributor and wires (although it was for a 1.8), fresh gas, good fuel pump....

The body is in excelent shape! And rusthole in the hellhole is small and the longitudes look good. Plus, there is no rust in the front trunk and a small hole (about the size of a pencil eraser) in the rear trunk.
rocking nana.gif
The passenger window wont roll up. Sounds like either the glass has slipped or is broken.

Thanks Slits and Andy (which screen name are you anyway?) for helping me pick it up and tow it! pray.gif
SLITS
Ok Toast, yer just a few months off with the new avatar chairfall.gif
Toast
I almost missed Christmas in July too! splat.gif
DrifterJay
give you 310 for it wink.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Toast @ Jul 26 2004, 01:25 PM)
Thanks Slits and Andy (which screen name are you anyway?) for helping me pick it up and tow it! pray.gif

If I were Drifter Jay (Jared) I think I would be pissed off being called Andy - Duh! laugh.gif
DrifterJay
hehe....its ok... biggrin.gif
DrifterJay
so I take it noone from norcal is claiming this car? lol...wasnt that what Toast's post was about in the first place.... wink.gif
Toast
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 26 2004, 09:39 PM)
QUOTE(Toast @ Jul 26 2004, 01:25 PM)
Thanks Slits and Andy (which screen name are you anyway?)  for helping me pick it up and tow it!   pray.gif

If I were Drifter Jay (Jared) I think I would be pissed off being called Andy - Duh! laugh.gif

slap.gif Doogh... Got so caught up in the fact that I met two more 914 club members and trying to figure out what Andy's screen name is that I got all silly. wacko.gif headbang.gif

Anyway, thank you [SIZE=7]Drifter Jay/aka: Jared[/SIZE=7] for helping move my car and being almost more excited that I was about checking her out.
As far as selling her to ya, well, let me fix her up a bit and drive her around a bit first. Then I will sell her to ya for your price, with one or two zeros attached. happy11.gif

It was nice to meet you too Andy.
Toast
Ok, more pics to come soon, I promise. My digital camera is having problems....the display sreen has lines running across it and no pic shows. The manufacture wants $195 to repair! Anyway, still should be able to get pics of media card thoe.

I'll keep ya all posted of her progress! wub.gif
phantom914
QUOTE(Toast @ Jul 27 2004, 10:52 AM)

It was nice to meet you too Andy.

Same here. You do mean me, right? huh.gif

Andrew
Brad Roberts
That is our plate frame. It is OLD. See if you can come up with a name from some of the previous owners. We have records back to 1975.

B
Toast
The DMV paperwork says "No Owner of Record". Probably because of when it was last registered.

Brad, I could give you the Vin #. Not sure how else to out find PO(s) info.
Toast
Remainder of images:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hell Hole - ar15.gif

IPB Image

No numbers on engine - replacement case - no evidence they were ground off. Well, the project starts!!!!! welder.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
Dave_Darling
The "hell hole" don't look so bad to me. Looks more like it was cut for air conditioning than rusted....

(N.B., this is one of the main reasons I don't like the AC that made its way into our cars!)

--DD
skline
Well, Looking at the dash board and the center console in that car, I would say it never had A/C installed. It still doesnt look that bad to me. Easy fix for most of it. If the motor isnt seized, I bet we could get it running in short order. Fire it up Toast! Lets take it for a ride.
trojanhorsepower
I think that I see your problem, that distributor thingy goes in the back some where.

Looks great, I don’t think that even counts as a hell hole, just a little modification to the fire wall.

-Pete
laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
I wont be able to help unless we come up with a name from a piece of something in the car. Nothing here is in a computer for easy searching. It is all done by name.

B
SLITS
And it came to pass that henceforth it shall be dubbed "Nameless". Ano, domini, good cookie - pray.gif

Go forth on the highways, spewing hydrocarbon scented fumes and dropping pools of dino fluid here and there, marking your territory as you pass.

For nameless you shalt not remain and homeless you shalt not be. Soft caresses of a chamois shalt soothe thy dry skin as the soil of ages shalt be washed from you. Diggity Diggity Doo mueba.gif

I, The Sacred Wench Wrench Twister of the House of Toast, shall draw you to my bosum and warm the cold aluminum and steel within. grouphug.gif

I shalt cover you with the finest in acrylic. Your tatered cloth I shall mend. Proudly you shalt be my chariot to race the West Wind and the canyons shalt rumble from your mighty four. Intimeum, Intuneum, Kyptronium burnout.gif

Nanu Nanu Amen
sgomes
looks like Slits is off the meds again.... w00t.gif
VegasRacer
Good one Slits. smilie_pokal.gif ROTFLMAO
Even Miles should be impressed by that post. blink.gif

Good luck with the car Toast.
Glad to hear it's alive. beerchug.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE(sgomes @ Jul 27 2004, 08:42 PM)
looks like Slits is off the meds again.... w00t.gif

Nah, probably just got ahold of some 'new' meds.... smoke.gif

pray.gif SLITS
Brad Roberts
This should prove that the 914club is NOT normal. jester.gif

B
Toast
Semi-Final Report:

Spent 4 days trying to figure out why this little sucker wouldn't run. This is what we found:

1. Fuel pump was wired to run in reverse - fixed that but still couldn't get it to run successfully.
2. Changed distributors several times - no go
3. Filled exhaust system with fuel due to leaky injector.
4. Adjusted valves - still no go
5. Changed brain
6. Changed MPS and fuel pressure regulator
5. Installed fuel pressure guage, but system acted funny.
6. Changed out "new" fuel pump for another new pump and YES YES - it fired and ran. Starts right up. (giddy girly smilie)

Other things:
1. Engine is a fresh 2.0 rebuild with replacement case. Rocker boxes were so clean it was amazing AND no oil leaks.
2. Car is unmolested save for pass side engine shelf cut away.
3. Has original CA emissions sticker, etc
4. The clock in the console WORKS and KEEPS TIME.
5. Ran it through all five gears with absolutely no grinding and smooth as silk.
6. Switch knobs are not worn from use (images are very clear and bright.
7. Heater blower, seat belt, and defrost light work.
8. Polished HPH license plate frame so Brad could be proud rolleyes.gif

Just a few things left to do:
1. New tires
2. change MC, it started leaking
3. Replace pass door glass.
4. Fix a couple of electrical thingys (headlights/fog lights don't come on.)
5. Repaint orignial Delphi Green ( so the outside matches the trunks)

Polished the interior.....wow it looks sweet! wub.gif drooley.gif' border='0' valign='absmiddle' alt='drooley.gif'>
I know, I know....TTIWWP! Pics comming soon....I promise.

It is a driver!!!!!!!!! Maybe tomorrow will take it for a spin around the parking lot. Look out Zeke - it's almost donut time chowtime.gif
WCC 2005, watch out! Here comes Toast in Her 914!
Toast
Ok, what is up with this Drooly smiley???
I have tried using it twice now.

When I click on it, I get this......... drooley.gif' border='0' valign='absmiddle' alt='drooley.gif'> (or look at the post above)

confused24.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Toast @ Aug 7 2004, 11:58 PM)
Ok, what is up with this Drooly smiley???

:finger2: It works fine for me. IPB Image
VegasRacer
OK. So it doesn't work the easy way like it should.
All you need is a little creative cut and paste.
The URL link on the 'Clickable Smilies' is bad.
Hopefully an administrator will fix it. smash.gif

Until then you can paste this link into the 'IMG' box and IPB Image will appear.
http://www.kotichat.com/forum/html/emoticons/drool.gif

BTW Toast - I can't wait to see you in your new ride. driving-girl.gif clap56.gif
Toast
IPB Image

OK, I see how that works.

914 UPDATE

Tried replacing tires, and found that 2 of the rims were extremely rusted and bent, and the tires would not seal. huh.gif

Tried putting tire on spare rim and still had the same problem.
So, either the beads on the 2 tires are bad or the rims are bad. confused24.gif

I will need to try to find two tire/rims so that I can roll it off the lift.
pinch.gif
bernbomb914
I have one of those rims you can have. let me know if you want it.

Bernie
Toast
Thanks Bernie,
I substituted it with a tire of another 914. Not the same size, but it rolled. rolleyes.gif

Now it wont start again! headbang.gif There must be something wrong with the FI. No wonder the PO gave up in 1989! This is becoming a nusance. wacko.gif Welcome the the wonderful world of 914's!
Carl
Even Miles should be impressed by that post. blink.gif

They better have different therapists because if they don't, I feel sorry for that guy. wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.