Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Jetta pains
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dinomium
When I went out this morning to start working on the ugmo, I was greeted by this nice puddle. We went to a wedding yesterday, and even the car puke the morning after! barf.gif
The ramp off the ferry last nite was the culprate! Exstreme angle and a big bolt I think. I wasnt driving, the wife was... driving-girl.gif
It hurt though! headbang.gif

Oh well Shane just showed up to work on the ugmo... Does the fun ever start??? alfred.gif
anthony
Is that oil? What broke?
mikester
Looks like your parking space is now water proof.
dinomium
yes, there is a 50 cent peice sized crack in zeee pan...
ohmy.gif
red914
dino likes to trail oil behind him, so as to find his way back to the ferry dock. the birds kept eating his bread crumbs... those jettas hold a crapload of oil, btw.

talk about fun; wrench on cars, learn tons, then drive away in mine while dino's is on jack stands! laugh.gif had a blast, dino! beerchug.gif now to make plans for the swap meet!
dinomium
I dont know how many more times Shane will fall for my "Tom Sawer" Act... White washing a fence or being under the ugmo!! wink.gif
Anybody eles that wants to learn enive replacement or 914 dismanteling, sign up now... biggrin.gif

Thanks for coming over today, Shane... a crapy day was made sooooooo much better by Fat Tire and you workin (and hangin out wink.gif) on my car!
beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
I am the fat clean guy in the pic...

Cheers...
dinomium
Oh, yeah this thread was about cracked oil pan on the Jetta... Anybody ever use Helmet's Forein Auto in Bremerton??? confused24.gif I am sick of the Dealer Service, rude and sorta mean to my wife not kewl... she is really nice to people, just a lil hard on VWs wink.gif
red914
hmmmm, i think all the cooling fins got knocked off by the impact. laugh.gif better have helmut check that out, too.

really, it was fun whitewashing the fence, i mean removing the engine. the PO certainly had an interesting way of doing things, eh? smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif blowtorch.gif

mmmm, fat tire good... beer.gif

and dino, yo are blocking the view of ugmo's kewl side air scoop in the picture; now noone can see it! laugh.gif
dinomium
Helmet's forein auto right here in ole Bremerton got the car Monday without being a prior customer, we have it back today! Not bad the shop is ALWAYS full... Under $320 parts labor and tax... I think I am impressed... Now if I could just find a clean spot on the driveway to park over to see if it leaks! smile.gif
Christine (my wife) said there was a "Red 914 like yours in the shop, only it was much nicer..."
she is kinda like that.... happy11.gif
morph
OMG dino that jetta barf.gif alot of oil.glad it was a easy deal on getting it fixed.thanks for the toughtful e mail my son just got his tonsles out.hes doing good.is that one of youre cars that one in the photo ?
dinomium
Glad to hear it was not too serious of a procedure for your boy.
Lotz of oil everywhere! If you take the ferry from Seattle follow the oil trail to my HOUSE! It is kinda funny, but it is a perfect trail!
And yup, that is the 914 with the side scoop. I have taken to calling it UGMO! If I get it running I may add FO to the end of it!
Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.