Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The impossible happened
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
The car is going into the garage today. Even though some of you that have been here never thought it would happen, I cleaned out the garage enough to get the car inside. I sold parts on Ebay, filled up my huge trash cans 6 times and took a bunch of stuff to the dumpsters at Target and got the garage cleaned up. Organized my tools and got it all in order where I can find something now. As soon as the guy comes to pick up the engine, the car is going inside where I can work on it at night. Now things will start to happen. Bwahahaha.
skline
Also as some of you may know, I was biten by an unknown spider last weekend, it looked like a ball bearing from a CV joint under my skin on my forearm. It turned into a big bruise on my arm and I was a little ill for a few days. When I was cleaning out my garage I found this little bugger running around where I was working last weekend. My bruise is still prominent on my arm. She is dead now and her little friends too. I just gassed the whole garage. It is that time of year where you should be careful working on cars that have been sitting for awhile and if you clean out your garage or sheds. In the process of cleaning we found several brown recluse spiders also. Do some research and get to know what they look like, they are everywhere.
TimT
careful with them spider bites, I got bit by a spider a few years ago, it took 6-8 weeks to heal and scarred
Allan
Are you sure it was a Black Widow? Keep an eye on the wound. Don't want it to get any worse, i.e., Brown Recluse. Be careful. ohmy.gif
skline
I have had several of my doctor clients look at it on a daily basis, they gave me some antibiotics. My next door neighbor is a clinical pharmacist and he looked at it too, he is also really into spiders and knows all about them. He said it was not a brown recluse but probably a black widow. He also told me that only 10% of brown recluse spider bites go to necrosis. I just dont want to be in that 10%. I hate spiders. I gassed my whole garage and sprayed all around and under my house, all the bushes and everything. I dont think I will be seeing too many insects in general for a few weeks anyway. Good thing no women live here right now, it stinks really bad in the house.
Andyrew
Man, I'd better check that box for widows!!

Hope it isnt bad Scott..

Well, I had more fun yesterday... I found a nest of wasps.. there was three wasps living in the nest... I though to myself that there was no way I could take on three wasps, without firepower.. hehehe

I had been painting some stuff, so I got out the torch.. and figured that they could fly away to fast with that little of a flame, So I figured, eh I'll try making a fireball... Black aerosol paint matched to a propane torch... Almost blinded me since it was dark, lol.
Well, I had about 3 seconds of a pure torch on those suckers... Ya they where fried.. and I split open the hive and used the propane to kill all the worms.

hehehehehehe

Now I have to repaint part of the house.. Oh well!

Andrew
rick 918-S
Way to go Scott! clap56.gif You'll like that late night work shop. smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif So will the neighbors. lol2.gif
RAR
Shiny black, red spot on belly? Far more venomous than a rattler, just a lot less venom.
skline
QUOTE(RAR @ Jul 25 2004, 07:06 PM)
Shiny black, red spot on belly? Far more venomous than a rattler, just a lot less venom.

Red hourglass on belly, nobody has died from a black widow bite in over 100 years. But they make you sick and the bite is painfull. I just hope the bruise goes away and doesnt leave a mark. It s been a week now and it still looks dark.
Levi
Scott,
Back to the garage.....
I call Bullshit...bs.gif
I'm sure thats a Photo-shop touch-up.... laugh.gif lol2.gif

beerchug.gif
Howard
QUOTE(Levi @ Jul 25 2004, 10:00 PM)
Scott,
Back to the garage.....
I call Bullshit...bs.gif
I'm sure thats a Photo-shop touch-up.... laugh.gif lol2.gif

beerchug.gif

Sure, the next thing we'll hear is that the V8 is running. biggrin.gif
Check's in the mail
skline
QUOTE(Howard @ Jul 25 2004, 11:16 PM)
QUOTE(Levi @ Jul 25 2004, 10:00 PM)
Scott,
Back to the garage.....
I call Bullshit...bs.gif
I'm sure thats a Photo-shop touch-up.... laugh.gif  :lol2:

beerchug.gif

Sure, the next thing we'll hear is that the V8 is running. biggrin.gif
Check's in the mail

Gimme another week or so and that may happen too. Then the only thing left will be to get it registered so I can drive it. I am sitting here in my garage right next to my car. Its calling out to me saying thank you for bringing me in from the cold damp beach night air. I had it covered but it likes it much better in the garage. She is temperamental like that. It wont be long now. Dis all you want, I can take it.
Levi
Dis all you want, I can take it.
DIS...DIS..DIS...DIS...dis...dis...Dis..dIs..diS..Dat... lol2.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif

Yea well how much more can you take now big shot... lol2.gif lol2.gif
beerchug.gif
Levi
Oh I almost forgot, from now on you will be known as "Spidy man"
lol2.gif lol2.gif
beerchug.gif
Howard
Take the plates of the Camry and get that sucker rolling. You can register it anytime. Next weekend cruise??? We could go up to SLO, or come down there and finish the damn thing.
RAR
Yeah, not enough venom to kill a healthy individual. I work with a guy who has two white dots an inch or so apart on his arm, just below the shoulder. He was climbing up some boulders in eastern Oregon. Rattler got him. It took him about 45 minutes to drive to the hospital. Ended up with nerve damage and a heart murmur. You got way less venom fortunately. Try some of that anti scar stuff you see on tv.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.