Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dizzy Woes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
F4i
I am still having issues with my car. I really think with the advice of people here that the dizzy is to blame. I can borrow one from a VW bus with the injector contacts and just vacume retard. Are they too different for trouble shooting purposes? Is there anyone in the Calgary area that could lend me one for 20 minutes?
Thanks
SLITS
The D-Jet dizzys are esentially all the same except for the advance curves and possibly the vac can. For troubleshooting it would be fine to use assuming the FI trigger points are good.

I could send one from California but the Canadian customs people hate "gifts", they don't make any beer money.
F4i
I will give it a try. Thanks for the thought.
Eric Taylor
So does this mean that you can run a 1.7 dizzy in a 2.0 or a 2.0 in a 1.7 ? I've got a 2.0 with 2.0 vac can in my 1.7 right now.
Eric
Otmar
Uh, Buses never came with injector points. They were all AFC.
So I hope that's not a bus dizzy in the bus you're talking about.
411/412 maybe (I wouldn't know)
FI Type 3's had them.
SLITS
QUOTE(Eric Taylor @ Jul 26 2004, 06:45 PM)
So does this mean that you can run a 1.7 dizzy in a 2.0 or a 2.0 in a 1.7 ? I've got a 2.0 with 2.0 vac can in my 1.7 right now.
Eric

Yep, if it's a D-Jet dizzy.
Mark Henry
I think I have 3 d-jet dizzy's you can borrow...2-2.0 and 1-T3. Don't know the condition of them though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.