Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gmümd West 2004
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnlush
Went to the 4th annual Gmünd West event in Brighton, CO. Put on by George and Sharon Maybee. What a great day! Lots of cars and quite a few of the local 914ers. Great to put some faces with names! Hopefully other took some pictures as well. Mine are here.

Cheers, beerchug.gif

John
Eric_Shea
John,

Is that "Green Thing" in your avatar yours?

I absolutely love it... wub.gif That color rocks! smilie_pokal.gif
johnlush
Hi Eric! If we're lookin' at the same thing here it's the freshly painted engine compartment of my /6 conversion. Saturn yellow so maybe the color went wonky when I avatarized it????
Gint
I'll be postin my pics right here as soon as I get caught up with the board and the F1 race gets underway. I didn't get to watch it this morning because... I was there!
Gint
It was great meeting some of the new Colorado-914 list guys AND I recruited a few more newbies.

Aside from Maybee's Gmund shop, this had to be the highlight of the event.
IPB Image
Gint
engine

IPB Image
Gint
Look at the grin on Ferg's face!
Gint
Maybee's Gmund Factory replica.
Gint
'nother
Gint
Complete with machine shop.
Gint
kj
Gint
Mueller would love this shop
Gint
Engine build room
Gint
This one are of the shop is at least twice the size of my garage.
Gint
Even a few 914's laying around
Gint
kjh
Gint
fg
Gint
two compressors
Gint
welding
Gint
Really nice bus
Gint
There were literally Porsches everywhere. I didn't even try to take pictures of them all.
Gint
.kjkh
Gint
Porsche tractors
Gint
Ken's 914
Gint
Back
Gint
Everywhere
Gint
Angela's car Just met her and Her "long time boyfriend" Adam today. Brad posted a pic of her and her Mother Nancy from Parade last week.
Gint
Corby's car
Gint
Gary Smith and his wife made it up from New Mexico. He advertises a LOT of stuff in Pano. Truly a Porsche fanatic.
Gint
Everywhere
Gint
Ferg's car's twin. 3.2 conversion. Patrick just returning to the US from a stint in Belgium. Just met him today. Very nice 914.
Gint
Gint
2.7 bus with Mercedes alloys.
Gint
Never looked hard enough to tell if it was real.
Gint
RonD's creamsicle. Orginal car, paint and all. NO rust.
Gint
Front trunk. The back is just as clean.
Gint
The 356 that was found a few years back when they temporarily drained Horsetooth Resvoir.
rick 918-S
That is so cool! biggrin.gif I need to move out west someday. mad.gif I'm depressed now....... sad.gif
Ferg
It was a great day, best and biggest porsche show in denver area ever most likely, the beer was good to beerchug.gif
Ferg.
dheinz
Truly great pictures and captions. Thanks!!!! clap56.gif
balthazar
smilie_pokal.gif I had a blast! I've got the sunburn to prove it too! Wow!!!Gint put up a picture of my car (blushes)... unsure.gif

Rich: I just moved here from Indiana for that very reason(to get into the action)! There's room for more!!! party.gif
BMartin914
I too had an awesome time. It was great meeting some of the group members and seeing all of those wonderful Porsches.

We need to try and persuade some of the "distant" members to come out next year and compete for the "farthest distance traveled award." driving.gif

Hey Gint -- where's my car? unsure.gif
Gint
Doh! Sorry Ben. I didn't really take pictures of any cars in the judged field other than the 906. There were just too many. If I had been thinking though, I would have gotten a pic of your car too. Musta been the beer. beer3.gif
Ferg
I will get my pics up by tomrrow... I have at least one of Ben's car, along with some nice 911 shots.
Ferg.
BMartin914
I forgive you Ginter beerchug.gif

Thanks Ferg, just saw all these other teeners and thought hey -- where's mine at? I don't have a digital comera so I have very few pics of my 914.

pray.gif
johnlush
Hi Ben! Sorry I didn't end up with a picture of your car! I guess I was distracted by everthing else or maybe your car looked too much like my "Grenade" and I subconsciously avoided it... ohmy.gif
Scott S
whatever - I had the real fun this weekend... drove to fricken IOWA to ride my bike through corn - lots of corn........ you guys don't know what real fun is.

Gotta go and rub more ointment on my ass now....

yep, fun. headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.