Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA Autocross in St. Cloud
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave-O
Awesome day for an autocross. Two 914's in attendence, my own and Rob's 74 (Dave, you missed out. cool.gif ) I had some really good runs in the morning. Bill (an Instructor) rode with me on my 3rd run and had nothing but good things to say (maybe he was just being nice). In the afternoon i started to push it a little harder and my street tires said "NO!" so i ended up with a few DNF's. My fastest time was 1:07, the fast guys were running around 1:02. I'm starting to get a little better feel for autocross but i know i have a LONG way to go.

Here i am on the grid
Dave-O
Coming into a sharp U-turn
Dave-O
This is my latest work...i call it: "Body Roll" I have a few others if anyone is interested or was at this event.
J P Stein
That looks like a glorius spot for an Autocross.

Being only 5 sec off TTOD, in what apperas to be a fairly stock car, is pretty damn gud also biggrin.gif
Dave-O
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jul 25 2004, 05:21 PM)
That looks like a glorius spot for an Autocross.

Being only 5 sec off TTOD, in what apperas to be a fairly stock car, is pretty damn gud also biggrin.gif

TTOD was set by a FAST BMW at about 55 sec i think. He showed the porsche guys how it was done. Next fastest was a 'vette, after that they were all about a minute or a little above. I would have liked to get below 1:07 but i think i was trying to hard, just gotta chill out and stay smooth! MDB2.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(Dave-O @ Jul 25 2004, 05:31 PM)

TTOD was set by a FAST BMW at about 55 sec i think. He showed the porsche guys how it was done. Next fastest was a 'vette, after that they were all about a minute or a little above.

Well, that sux.
Tom Kotzian & his ought6 shows up often up at our PCA events and blows us all into the weeds.....I can deal with the rest of them Vette guys, but not ole Tom.....just can't beat them kids.... he's bout 3 months younger than me laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.