Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking brake handle removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeakel1
I am trying to remove the carpet by the drivers seat. The brake handle needs to come off to remove the carpet so I can remove rust on the floor pan. Should there be a bolt head or nut on the brake pivot? I do not have anything to turn. see picture.
confused24.gif Click to view attachment
nathansnathan
It's just rust on the pivot that is keeping it on. If you take a blunt prying instrument put behind and pry gently as you rock the handle it should start to move out. Move the instrument with the handle, put paper towels all around it to keep from scratching the back. It helps to start by moving the handle up and down vigorously first. The rust will act as an abrasive against the plastic bushing and you'll see plastic shavings and rust powder come out. By then it will be loose and you'll need a new bushing. smile.gif
yeakel1
Thanks, your solution worked great. When reassembling what holds the brake handle from sliding off the stud? Is it the toothed gear that sets the handle up? smash.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(yeakel1 @ Oct 13 2011, 03:45 PM) *

Thanks, your solution worked great. When reassembling what holds the brake handle from sliding off the stud? Is it the toothed gear that sets the handle up? smash.gif

Yes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.