Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 73 2.0 Black on Black
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Ottoman
I am looking for an original black on black 73 2.0L with appearance group. Must be rust free with no issues. Does not have to be perfect mechanically as I plan to do a 6 conversion. Body/tub (no rust) is my main concern as is original colour. Send any information you feel is appropriate.

Regards.
Tom_T
Otto,

I think that if you're going to do a 6-conversion on a 73, that original color won't really matter as much because of that major change, since original colors mostly matter on completely original concours cars. A conversion will always be a conversion, so originality is not as important.

Plus you'd be paying more for a more popular 73-74 2.0 (or 75-76 2.0) - than say for a rust free & solid 73 1.7 or 74-75 1.8 for which you could start a lower cost for the rust free 914 - possibly in original or repainted black. I assume you're looking at the 73 MY for the sideshift transaxle, which is on 73-76 MYs, and the optional items like center console, chrome bum

Then modify & paint & upholster it as needed to your -6 black-black liking (black interiors are about the only thing available now in repro/resto materials anyway).

Just my 2 cents worth suggestion, but it could save you $5-8,000 on the 914 to start with, which $$s you could better apply to your conversion cost.
Ottoman
Tom,

I hear you and you raise many valid points all of which I have considered previously. The problem is I just can't seem to bring myself to change the original colour of the car no matter what size of motor it has. It comes from my association with Corvettes and the restoration of them. The whole numbers matching, original paint, interior, etc. deal. I want to know the car was black from the start. Just a personal thing.

Now I know you are going to say that I am changing the originality of the car by doing a conversion to a 6, so what's the point? I see this as increasing the value (not monetary) and enjoyment of the car.

The 73 2.0L is a sacred car albeit. I would be willing to hear from individuals who may have a black 1.7, 1.8 for sale, however, it needs to have the appearance group ie. chrome bumpers, aluminum wheels, interior console, etc. Most important though - rust free.

Best Regards,

Otto
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.