Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need a wire identified
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
When I disconnected my mstr cyl from the pedal cluster I noticed this wire was cut/broken. Is this the brown/white wire coming from #32 brake switch pg 164 Haynes. I ask because the other end is only protruding about 1/2" from the sheet metal and I'm pretty sure it threads beneath the fuel tank. Not enough to work with so I'll have to splice in above the tank. TIA

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
I am guessing you have the BRAKE light either on, flashing, or disabled on your dashboard?

The wire that is cut is the brake pressure sensor, and it triggers the light that lets you know something is wrong with your brake system.

You should fix it.

Zach
76-914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 12 2011, 08:10 PM) *

I am guessing you have the BRAKE light either on, flashing, or disabled on your dashboard?

The wire that is cut is the brake pressure sensor, and it triggers the light that lets you know something is wrong with your brake system.

You should fix it.

Zach

Thx Zack, I got that much. It's not flashing unless I pull the E brake. From what I could see on the elec. diagram it appears that the Mstr Cyl switch completes the circuit thru ground just as the EBrake handle does. I assume the diode is to keep the current path from jumping over to the EBrake circuit, but I'm just guessing. Will a brown wire w/ white stripe always be a neg switching wire?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.