I bid on this car.
EvilB# 2484842844
The price became more than I could hang without sleeping in the den for a long time. Cut to the chase, copy/pasted from evilB. I was only good for $4,500 - tops anyway.
No such thing "today" as (only) minor surface rust on a teener if it hasn't been repaired/spanked into submission.
EvilB excerpt;
"Hello all. Thank you for your inquiries into the white "grandpa's car" 1976 914. I have tried to reply to everyone in regards to this auction. I want to apoligize for cancelling with only hours left, but as most of you know, there was some additional rust found by a would be buyer who wanted to inspect before bidding (came Friday morning, drove over 100 miles to see car). To be fair, the option is to the highest bidder, which I am still working with, and have sent him the additional photos for him to decide. I will place it back on Ebay (to continue within ebay rules) as a private auction for this buyer only, if he decides to still follow through. He was purchasing from back east, and I did not want him to be dissapointed with the car, as he is paying transport as well. If this buyer decides not to purchase, I will email all of you 24 hours before it relists, to give you some time, and place it on a 3 day, starting at 6k. I already have a firm offer from the gentleman who inspected the car. He already owns a 1970, and has been in the market for 6+ months. Even with the new rust he saw, he called me back and made the offer. His words were "this car has obviously been taken great care of, the rust is from 27 years of car washes, and some rain driving (the owner did garage and cover the car at all times when not driving). He also stated "this is one of the cleanest "untouched" cars I've seen". So, I just wanted to give everyone who was involved or interested a heads up, and the additional photos will be on the ad when it relists. Again, to be fair, I will allow the highest bidder first choice. I will email all of you if it is sold, or if it goes back on ebay. Thank you all for your interest and time, and again, I apoligize. "
------------
Super honest of the seller to stop the auction/admit their was indeed MORE rust. But to list it again starting @ 6K???
Yeah. And I'll list my stock '73 d-jet for 9K. AND, IT'S YELLOW!!!
beerchug.gif rolleyes.gif