Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally Legal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tasfalen
Hey all,

Thanks to your help on various issues (ie. turn signals) my 914 finally passed our provincial government inspection on Friday and has been insured and on the road since yesterday.

First chance I've had in too long (8 months) to drive it (other than in-and-out... of the garage).

Thought you all might appreciate a picture. Not as fancy as some of the machines here but its fun (so far):

IPB Image
1972 stock 1.8l engine, dual Webers

Suggestions on what to tackle next? aside from the obvious bodywork. I'd like to chrome the front bumper but hesitate at the expense.

Jason
'72 914
'73 TVR 2500M
'76 Lancia Beta Coupe
Rusty
You have a beautiful car.. aside from a trim piece here or there... I don't see any "obvious bodywork" that needs to be done.

Nice job. clap56.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
SirAndy
now what i *really* want to see is a picture of that "73 TVR" of yours! biggrin.gif

nice car btw! i love red 914s ...
smile.gif Andy
type47
is it a 74-75 "stock" 1.8 put in a 72 or a 72 with a stock 72 engine?
Sandee
And on a related note - I just passed inspection also!

After having my speedometer and odometer fixed, my 914 passed inspection on Saturday. Evidently, it’s all that really needed to work – they just want to be sure they can record the mileage every two years (less than 2,500/year).

I went with the Collector Vehicle Sticker and registration vs the QQ plates! My reason for not going QQ was basically … I wanted to drive the car (not just to shows and parades). Freely and legally – whether I go for a drive or just coffee at Starbucks. With this type of registration, I also qualify for the The Limited Pleasure Use Plan - Exotic and Classic Car Insurance (Leland West, full coverage – liability and collision, etc.).

So – all in all, I’m pretty happy. Cool purple triangle sticker and all!

IPB Image
GWN7
Nice looking car Jason.....the bumper rechrome ran me $325 CDN (no core), so prob $250 with a core. The bumper tops are about $250 US $
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.