Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smoke On Decel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
I ain't got the money to do a complete head job if that's what it needs. if it's just the valve guides or pushrod seals can I just get by doin' that or is it a futile grasp at a bandaid.

What should I do to stop the smoke.

IT"S IMBARRASSING sad2.gif

...........b
Bruce Allert
icon_bump.gif dity icon_bump.gif

I'm dieing here smash.gif

......b
Bleyseng
Add some "Smoke No More" to your oil. It helps....and its cheap!

Geoff
Dave_Darling
When you replace the guides, you have to get the seats ground because the new guides won't be in quite exactly the same place as the old ones. (Thousandths of an inch do count, here!) Then you run into "while you're in there"... Which pretty much leads to completely redoing the heads.

You might be able to just have the guides replaced and a valve job done. But who knows what else the heads need??

--DD
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jul 26 2004, 09:19 AM)
Add some "Smoke No More" to your oil. It helps....and its cheap!

Geoff

Geoff, is that for real or are you just push'n mah leg??? smile.gif What's it got in it, little particles of stuff that seal up the holes???

Dave, I know what you say...... and that's what I'm afraid of. Actually, I'd like to do a rebuild but it's that damn green stuff that's keepin me from it rolleyes.gif

.......b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.