Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Cap'ns weekend project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cap'n Krusty
Thanks to Mike Mueller and Scott Carlberg (who worked despite a world-class headache), the weekend "help-a-teener-driver" workday was a big success. We got a coupla barrels of construction debris outta there, moved 2 cast iron antique bathtubs (and sanded/painted one of them), 2 stoves, and a lot of other stuff, got the place organized, did some plumbing and electrical work, and put Laura (still laggin' from the effects of surgery, radiation, and chemo) and her husband Gary on the road to completion! As a bonus, my back suffered NO bad consequences. (Not that I got off scot-free; the tranny in Lyn's quattro went to ZF heaven as we left Sacramento. 400 miles in 2nd gear ...) Nice to have help from 2 guys who basically had NO reason to be there other than to help out someone in need. BIG THANKS, guys!
The Cap'n
brant
big cheers to mike and scott...

glad it went fairly well..

brant
Mueller
Hey John...no problem at all, I felt bad telling Laura that I would not be able to make it back up there on Sunday, but my own house needs some attention smile.gif smash.gif

Those bathtubs sure are heavy, luckly no injuries and I didn't wake up the next day with any more aches than normal, LOL

Bummer about the transmission, that must have made for a very long drive home wacko.gif

I'm going to Louisiana in a few weeks, feel free to drive on down, I'll be replacing a kitchen floor and doing some plumbing icon8.gif
aircooledboy
GREAT JOB BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif

All kidding aside, that's the kind of stuff that makes me proud to be a member of this club. pray.gif Like to do the same when I can.

Speaking of which, Brant, I forgot about the MWC the week after that. I gonna have to try to get at it one night next week after we get back from Ga. I'm not gonna leave ya hangin' for a month.
brant
Chris,

no problem what so ever.. I just barely go the stupid car running on sunday and I hope to drive it to work tomorrow as its first real test...

hey on the bathtubs.. were you guys disposing of them? If your going to throw it away anyways.. then the easiest method of removing a tub is to wrap it in plastic and hit it with a sledge hammer (while wearing saftey glasses)... They shatter and are much easier to carry out (especially if stairs are involved)

brant
Mueller
hey on the bathtubs..

cast iron heavy SOB's (insert smilie with hernia, LOL)
brant
yeah... its actually the cast iron ones that shatter into multiple easy to carry pieces...
brant
Mueller
oh really?? I didn't know that.... wacko.gif

the tubs are "keepers", we removed the smaller "midget" tub for a bigger "twosome" tub, hahahaha
brant
Sounds cool...
those old tubs keep a nice period look...

I hope that your trip and floor job out of state goes safe and well...

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.