Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blaupunkt radio
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gearren
Just started to restore my 1973 porsche 914 about 4 months ago and found that the blaupunkt AM FM radio does not work, any idea where I could get it fixed or get the same radio in working condition.
SLITS
I would suppose anyone that did TV/radio repair could do it. They're prolly gonna bitch about not having a circuit diagram, but then that's why the guy selling "restored" radios on the board and ebay was asking the equivilent of the nat'l debt for them.
Joe Bob
Since the 914 came from the factory without a radio...any period correct radio wouild be appropriate.

Chris Campbell that is on this board has good contacts. Ebay they are sold all the time.....

Personally I would opt for a new unit and give the old the "float test"....
carreraguy
I agree, you occasionally see them on eBay.

Try www.oldautoradio.com; fairly good selection but a tad pricey. Got my period-correct "Frankfurt" there; as it was above my skill level, Brad had all the "fun" installing it.
campbellcj
Yep, believe it or not, eBay is probably the best source of the old radios at this point. The local (brick n' mortar) swap meets and other sources just do not have the supply as these items are getting fairly rare.

The OldRadio guy in Germany (sorry, his name escapes me at the moment) is very knowledgeable and has some nice inventory but IMHO his prices are 2-3X what you can find elsewhere if you're patient.

As Z pointed out, though, unless you're doing a "concours-weenie" type of resto, do you really need a period-correct radio?

I have not updated it in years, but you might find some interesting info & pics here:

http://www.nosubstitute.org/911/radio/

I sold off most/all of my collection a while ago...racecars don't need radios, and that's my latest addiction so they had to go beer.gif

Feel free to email me offline if you have any Q's
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.