Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EMS Testing, Round #two!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
Hey guys... Dave just showed back up for round #2 of testing his EMS... We'll be testing it on the same engine as before with his new changes made to the system...

While he is here we are also going to do an install of his system on my 912E, so we can get some real time miles on the system. I have driven my 912E almost 60K miles in 22 months and its my full time car seeing long distance runs to go see my girlfriend a few times a week..

By the end of this week, we'll know all the details about the system, both real time driving as well as dyno data against carbs.

I have a very special visitor stopping by the shop on Wednesday to do a feature on some of my new stuff... It'll be hitting a publication that we all know and love in just a few months (blew me away when they recognized my efforts), who knows he might even get some pics of Dave's system in there!!

We'll keep you updated on what the EMS is doing all week as we progress!
914werke
Know and love?idea.gif
Jake Raby
Well, you know what I mean.... monkeydance.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jul 26 2004, 04:41 PM)
Well, you know what I mean.... monkeydance.gif

I don't. confused24.gif
Jake Raby
Its a certain magazine that the 914 loves to get exposure from...

The type 4 is finally getting some!
seanery
ps...is ps coming?
Jake Raby
better.......
soloracer
We all know and love? You mean Playboy? Is this where the famous "ebay chick" with 914 pictures were sent to? Guess I'm going to have to renew my subscription...... cool.gif
tommy914
uhh... pardon me..... is this where the line is for that Kit Karlson kick ass EMS system?

Do I need to take a number?

Is there a place on ebay where I can bid on a place in line? Should I start one?

Do you take Paypal?

biggrin.gif

Really.. I want one yesterday
Jake Raby
Dave is working out the manufacturing tid bits now to have the boards and etc made.

I will be making complete kits with injectors and etc pretuned for the larger engines.

As for the line, its already pretty long..
rick 918-S
Jake, You and Dave seem like a great fit! I'm looking forward to reading about the new dyno runs. Sounds like the system will launch the type IV into the next century. clap56.gif
Jake Raby
The EMS, coupled with the roller cams, new rockers that Charles and I have in the works, and my new heads are the next leap in TIV development..

If my plots are correct, based on my newest head flow numbers we should achieve a tad over 270BHP from my 3.0 engine with only 10:1 static CR... Thats a full street engine, and it doesn't even have the roller cam mods yet!
crash914
Hey Jake, what did/are you guys doing for induction?

Something like TWM throttle bodies on short manifolds?

Can you take a couple of pictures of the set up??

THanks, herb
Jake Raby
A ton of pics will be on my site under research and development in a couple of days..

My 912 is using a stock 912E plenum and throttle body. The 2563 is an upright and uses Jenvey throttle bodies and Ford 2300T Fuel injectors.

I will be making and selling complete, 100% correctly designed kits based from Dave's electronics. These will be available complete or as an option on my engines.
KitCarlson
I re-wired the system to move the EMS away from the engine. It looks much better.

Now ready to download the latest code.

We are waiting fuel hose fittings and braided hose for the fuel system. With luck, the parts should be in before noon.
don9146
Great!!! I am awaiting the results!! Waiting for updates will give me something to look forward to and keep me going through today's work wink.gif
Jake Raby
Damn! The Fed Ex guy is normally here before now!!
scottb
uh oh! blink.gif

i feel my wallet beginning to twitch and that little voice in my head saying..."it's only money. buy a new engine and transaxle from jake. your wife should start talking to you again in a few months. you know you want one."

even if the voices aren't real, they say some smart things sometimes!!!!!

jake, you gonna have a price list soon for engines with this system?
Jake Raby
we will never have a "price list" for engines. Its impossible.

Every engine is tailored specifically for the customer, and since every human is different in what they desire- the engine follows suite.

The way I give prices is fool proof. No way of misrepresentation or false advertising..... We talk and I drill you about what you desire- then I give you a quote based upon the core you have and the degree of performance you desire. I then work from a proposal that is agreed to by both parties before any money changes hands. This removes all sources of conflict during the process ( I don't have time for squabbles) and guaratnees that the cost of the project will not be inflated at the end of the project. It is not uncommon for some engine shops to inflate prices 40% from the initial numbers thay give a customer!

This is MUCH more hassle and work for me, but thats what I get paid for. we do not mass produce or create generic products, thats why my customers are so pleased with what I provide.

Basically the EMS will be listed as an option on my future proposals with a cost stated and locked in, just like all my other options (coated internals, extensive cryo work, race balance, severe duty valvetrain etc)
guywan914
Jake keep up the great work. Can't wait to see the dyno results. beerchug.gif
Jake Raby
Fed Ex guy just showed up... we were waiting on some new lines and fittings to make the fuel system look better for the pics tomorrow boldblue.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Jake, will you be a distributor for JUST the fuel injection kits as well? I don't want any engines, I just want FI for my Squareback.
Jake Raby
Yes I will for complete kits... It will be added to my line up, as a complete kit ready to go on whatever engine you may have.

It looks like myself and Brad Mayeur will be the only "distributors" for his system... He has also talked to Brad at HPH as well, but I don't know what stage they were in with their networking..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.